AU 176 Visa in NZ

Old Dec 14th 2010, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

oz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really nice
Default AU 176 Visa in NZ

Is an australian 176 visa valid in New Zealand? Is one allowed to work in NZ with a 176 visa?
Old Dec 14th 2010, 7:23 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: AU 176 Visa in NZ

This is an employer sponsored Australian work visa isn't it .

Please check out the New Zealand Immigration website.

If you wish to come to New Zealand and work , you must first find a job offer and then apply for an NZ temporary work visa. If your occupation is on one of the New Zealand shortages lists an NZ employer would be free to offer you a job . If not , then the NZ employer must prove that there is no NZ resident or citizen that could fill that vacancy.

From the above I am assuming you do not have Australia Permanent Residency.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

oz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really nice

Thanks for you reply. This is a state sponsored Australian PR visa. I got this visa recently, so I am actually collecting more info. I guess you can advice me better now
Old Dec 14th 2010, 7:34 pm
`

from the NZIS website.

If you are entering New Zealand with
  • a valid Australian passport, or
  • a current Australian Permanent Residence Visa, or
  • a current Australian Resident Return Visa
you will normally be granted a New Zealand residence class visa on arrival.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 8:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oz_dreamz09
Is an australian 176 visa valid in New Zealand? Is one allowed to work in NZ with a 176 visa?
Have a read of the Wiki article here - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Austra...ts-New_Zealand

Remember that if you are on a State Sponsored 176 then you should live and work in that Aus State for two years before moving elsewhere.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Pollyana and BEVS.. I was only trying to undertsand my options..
Old Dec 14th 2010, 11:10 pm
`

Although you have now removed your timeline , I seem to remember that you have only had your AU 176 for a couple of days, hence the puzzlement over your request for this information . Given that there is a moral obligation that you remain in OZ as a courtesy to the Oz state that sponsored you, it does seem a wee bit early to be looking at your options.

You may not realise but there is a problem with people who get Oz state sponsorship and then immediately want to renage on the deal & use that as a back door into New Zealand. One has to hope that both Oz and NZ Immy tighten this up . After all an NZ PR or citizenship doesn't give this same automatic right for entry into Oz.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 11:33 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Although you have now removed your timeline , I seem to remember that you have only had your AU 176 for a couple of days, hence the puzzlement over your request for this information . Given that there is a moral obligation that you remain in OZ as a courtesy to the Oz state that sponsored you, it does seem a wee bit early to be looking at your options.

You may not realise but there is a problem with people who get Oz state sponsorship and then immediately want to renage on the deal & use that as a back door into New Zealand. One has to hope that both Oz and NZ Immy tighten this up . After all an NZ PR or citizenship doesn't give this same automatic right for entry into Oz.
Bevs, it's my understanding that if you are awarded an Aus PR visa, regional or not, and then you arrive in NZ, you will be on arrival granted NZ PR. It then does not matter what happens to your Aus PR, so long as you continue to satisfy the requirements of your NZ PR.

This route is used by so few people that I'm not surprised there is confusion about it.

BB
Old Dec 14th 2010, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

I removed it so that I wont be questioned if my intentions like I just was for my previous post..and I dont mind putting it back too. As I said, after I got the PR, I happened to read about the advantages of a PR, and I only wanted to clarify about it. I understand that immigration rules can change, and that I have submitted a declaration form with my commitment. I would not want to bypass that.

Originally Posted by BEVS

Old Dec 14th 2010, 11:49 pm
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. But be aware that you may not be able to get back into Australia if your Aussie PR lapses, or if Australia changes the rules for offshore holders of PR.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 6:36 am
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a 176 visa which grants your rights in Australia, not NZ. However, it may be conducive to getting some job offer in NZ. And it's strange to see people advocating on where people should live and work with a PR for a particular country. There is something called a resident return visa which allows you to return to any particular country for which you have gained your PR. People move from one country to another and often use one country as a means of getting to another in the long-term. Nothing wrong with this.

Last edited by robbyarg; Dec 19th 2010 at 6:41 am.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 7:29 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: AU 176 Visa in NZ

Originally Posted by robbyarg
There is something called a resident return visa which allows you to return to any particular country for which you have gained your PR. .

....assuming that you meet the requirements of the visa.

For instance if you gain Australian PR and do not validate within 1 year and live in Australia within 5 years you will not be eligible for a residents return visa.

BB
Old Dec 19th 2010, 8:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
....assuming that you meet the requirements of the visa.

For instance if you gain Australian PR and do not validate within 1 year and live in Australia within 5 years you will not be eligible for a residents return visa.

BB
.....which is exactly why we warn people that they may find themselves losing their PR status here and be unable to return to Aus
Old Dec 19th 2010, 8:03 pm
`

Originally Posted by robbyarg
This is a 176 visa which grants your rights in Australia, not NZ. However, it may be conducive to getting some job offer in NZ. And it's strange to see people advocating on where people should live and work with a PR for a particular country. There is something called a resident return visa which allows you to return to any particular country for which you have gained your PR. People move from one country to another and often use one country as a means of getting to another in the long-term. Nothing wrong with this.
That is your personal opinion and you are perfectly entitled to that, .The Oz employer and OZ state might well see things differently.