British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Approved in Principle!!! yippeee!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/approved-principle-yippeee-652609/)

127luton Feb 2nd 2010 12:44 pm

Approved in Principle!!! yippeee!!!!!

Hello all!....We have been told that we are approved in principle!!!!! it has been such a fraught journey... bt it finally after soooo long appears like we are nearly... oh so nearly there !! the immi case worker.. however needs me to do another uk police check - cos apparently my maiden name was nt on it!!! - im nt happy to give out another 35 pounds... but relieved that its the only bit of info extra needed apparently!!!
Thought you folk would like to hear good news from moi!!!
I thank you for your time and good advice... i will keep you updated!

Love
Berni
xxxxx:thumbsup:

Dewb09 Feb 2nd 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Approved in Principle!!! yippeee!!!!!

Great news Berni :thumbsup: finally you are starting to get somewhere.
Bit of a downer about the police check having to be done again :frown:

Good luck with all your plans :thumbup:
Dewb

Numptyhead Feb 2nd 2010 4:13 pm

Fab news Berni. Congratulations, you are so nearly there now

Where are you hoping to settle?

Maria

Flower Pot Feb 2nd 2010 7:03 pm

CONGRATS! Oh it must be such a relief!

Did you have a phone interview? If so how long afterwards did you hear back?

Ta! :thumbsup:

RobDon Feb 3rd 2010 2:36 am

:thumbsup: Congratulations Berni :thumbsup:

bevissa65 Feb 3rd 2010 6:22 am

Originally Posted by 127luton (Post 8304535)
Hello all!....We have been told that we are approved in principle!!!!! it has been such a fraught journey... bt it finally after soooo long appears like we are nearly... oh so nearly there !! the immi case worker.. however needs me to do another uk police check - cos apparently my maiden name was nt on it!!! - im nt happy to give out another 35 pounds... but relieved that its the only bit of info extra needed apparently!!!
Thought you folk would like to hear good news from moi!!!
I thank you for your time and good advice... i will keep you updated!

Love
Berni
xxxxx:thumbsup:

Congrats, long and hard journey but so worth it :thumbsup: See you over here soon. Bevissa

127luton Feb 3rd 2010 10:49 am

Thanks all!!![FONT="Arial Black"]
you have been fantastic! - we did not have a telephone interview (dont know why...?but i wont be asking hehe!)
We still arent now sure where we will be in NZ - as the long process of immi caused us to lose our arranged jobs as nurses in Auckland. So we are now looking for community mh nursing jobs! quickly!!!! lol!
We are now.... its sinking in a bit.. getting all excited!!;)
Berni
xxx