British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   approved in principle!! woo-hoo!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/approved-principle-woo-hoo-579252/)

iwannagonow Dec 18th 2008 8:53 pm

approved in principle!! woo-hoo!!

I have just received an email from my case officer stating that our residency visa has been approved in principle...how chuffed am I? :thumbsup::beer::beer::thumbsup:

However, they say that they still need 2-3 more items of evidence that me & hubby have been in a genuine & stable relationship for at least 12 months! They already have marriage cert...what else can I send? Photos? Bank statements?

All we have to do now is sell the house! Easy!!!! :blink:

Am Loolah Dec 18th 2008 9:29 pm

Re: approved in principle!! woo-hoo!!

Originally Posted by iwannagonow (Post 7080507)
I have just received an email from my case officer stating that our residency visa has been approved in principle...how chuffed am I? :thumbsup::beer::beer::thumbsup:

However, they say that they still need 2-3 more items of evidence that me & hubby have been in a genuine & stable relationship for at least 12 months! They already have marriage cert...what else can I send? Photos? Bank statements?

That's fabulous news Cheryl, congratulations!!:beer:

I needed to provide more evidence - I think it's standard as I hear about it a lot. So, yes, dated photos, photos of you together as a family, life insurance policies, bank statements anything in joint names really, mortgage etc.:thumbup: That's the easy bit.

Still no joy with selling the house?:( How about renting it? Fingers crossed for one or the other.

BEVS Dec 18th 2008 9:31 pm

Congrats :beer: :beer: Lovey to read summat like this before Christmas.:)

Bank Statements, utility bills in joint names etc should do the trick.

UKNZAUS Dec 18th 2008 9:41 pm

and a very Merry Christmas you will have too! :thumbsup:

Congratulations x

Bank statement/life insurance policies/photos/cards etc. they all work - I sent in a pile of everything lol

AndyRuth Dec 18th 2008 9:50 pm

Many congratulations , wonderful news.

We have just been approved in principle too , picked up the letter this morning after spending a few days in disneyland paris , lovely to come back to.

Like yourselves only the house to sell , piece of cake !!!!

terrier2 Dec 18th 2008 10:12 pm

Well done wonderfull news for christmas. Dont worry too much about supplying information on your partnership, you can even send letters addressed to each of you just showing that you live at the same address.

Kimi-Deacon Dec 19th 2008 12:13 am

Many Congratulations, couldn't get a better Christmas present than that :thumbsup::thumbsup:

CarolineSwan Dec 19th 2008 2:09 am

congratulations thats great news.... we got asked for more info on our reationship also, they wanted a bank statement from past 3 months???? which we had a new one just in so sent that, origanly we sent pics(not dated but ones from like 10 years ago) our morgage thing from when we bought our last house, daughters birth cert and that was all fine

anyway i will have a glass of montana sav blanc tonight for you

caz :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

CarolineSwan Dec 19th 2008 2:10 am

Originally Posted by AndyRuth (Post 7080703)

We have just been approved in principle too , picked up the letter this morning after spending a few days in disneyland paris , lovely to come back to.

congrats thats great news , i will have a glass of montana sav blanc for you also, to hell with it i will have the bottle hehe

caz :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

iwannagonow Dec 19th 2008 11:01 am

Originally Posted by AndyRuth (Post 7080703)

Congrats to you too! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Isn't it a great Xmas prezzy?

Up to now, it's been pretty straight forward, I never thought that selling the house would be the hardest part! :frown:

iwannagonow Dec 19th 2008 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 7080625)
That's fabulous news Cheryl, congratulations!!:beer:

I needed to provide more evidence - I think it's standard as I hear about it a lot. So, yes, dated photos, photos of you together as a family, life insurance policies, bank statements anything in joint names really, mortgage etc.:thumbup: That's the easy bit.

Still no joy with selling the house?:( How about renting it? Fingers crossed for one or the other.

Think I'd best start digging out old photos...o dear, they're not very complimentary :o:rofl:

No luck with house at all, changed agents & reduced price again (now £30k less than original price!)...but, to be fair, it is Xmas, maybe new year will bring in a buyer...I hope so!
Has been on the rental market for about 4 weeks, nothing there either! After Xmas, will possibly change rental agents, maybe even look into auctioning...who knows, we may be lucky!!

j19fmm Dec 19th 2008 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by iwannagonow (Post 7080507)

Congratulations what a wonderful Christmas present :thumbsup:

weejie Dec 19th 2008 12:59 pm

Absolutely fantastic news,so pleased for you.:thumbsup:

Phyl x

CarolineSwan Dec 19th 2008 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by iwannagonow (Post 7082083)
Think I'd best start digging out old photos...o dear, they're not very complimentary :o:rofl:

No luck with house at all, changed agents & reduced price again (now £30k less than original price!)...but, to be fair, it is Xmas, maybe new year will bring in a buyer...I hope so!
Has been on the rental market for about 4 weeks, nothing there either! After Xmas, will possibly change rental agents, maybe even look into auctioning...who knows, we may be lucky!!

We have the same problem we put ours on rental market in beg of nov and no luck yet... we changed to another agent and they have had someone round on sat there... but they want to wait and re visit after xmas, so i agree with the market being slow even on rental but aparently nov n dec always are so im sure after xmas you will get a bite... we have 5 other property's back home and they all have tenants in so we not really worrying to much and also with the rate drops on them all thats covering our house sitting empty...

i wouldnt worry to much it will all turn out fine im sure, just enjoy the planning

caz :thumbup: