Approved in Principle

Old Aug 4th 2008, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

ScottyD has a brilliant futureScottyD has a brilliant futureScottyD has a brilliant futureScottyD has a brilliant futureScottyD has a brilliant futureScottyD has a brilliant future
Default Approved in Principle

Has anyone else been told that their ITA is approved in principle?

Ours was submitted on 8th July, approved in principle on 16th July, with a request for some minor additional info, which was received 21st July but we have heard nothing since...

We are applying for PR with a job offer, so were hoping it would go through quickly and smoothly, which intially seemed to be the case...we've rung our case officer to check the status and simply been told it's been passed up to the relevant department for processing...

Has anyone else had a similar experience and if so how long did it take for the visa to be finally approved?
Old Aug 4th 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future
Default Re: Approved in Principle

Originally Posted by ScottyD
Has anyone else been told that their ITA is approved in principle?

Ours was submitted on 8th July, approved in principle on 16th July, with a request for some minor additional info, which was received 21st July but we have heard nothing since...

We are applying for PR with a job offer, so were hoping it would go through quickly and smoothly, which intially seemed to be the case...we've rung our case officer to check the status and simply been told it's been passed up to the relevant department for processing...

Has anyone else had a similar experience and if so how long did it take for the visa to be finally approved?
I am hugely encouraged by your great news and as soon as those snails at NZQA get on with my assessment I may actually get my ITA sent in!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:31 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

IIRC Approved in principle basically means you're approved as long as you cough up the fees.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

ScottyD has a brilliant futureScottyD has a brilliant futureScottyD has a brilliant futureScottyD has a brilliant futureScottyD has a brilliant futureScottyD has a brilliant future

You mean we've been holding back on the champagne all this time and we could have cracked it open!!!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 12:43 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

You mean we've been holding back on the champagne all this time and we could have cracked it open!!!

'fraid so

My PR is approved in principle as well. All I have to do is send my passport in and pay NZIS some more of my hard earned cash [migrant levy!!!!] and then it's done!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Barpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant future

Hey

I know what you mean.......I am Approved in Principal as well and waiting on my passport to come back from NZIS.

My bubbly is on ice just waiting for them bloomin' blue stickers that I've been waiting for.

I guess when I see the 300 bucks clearing for the Migrant Levy is when I should pop the cork but I'd like to see the visa in the passport.

Barry

p.s.....What kind of champagne do you recommend? I don't drink it much.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Suzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud of

When I queried timescales back in June I was told there is a back log in the department that put the blue stickers into passports - around 3 weeks, so you should be hearing shortly - finger crossed!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone!

We rang NZIS last week, we've been told that we are in the queue and hopefully will be processed this week!

The login function on the website groans every time I use it now as I'm beginning to wear it out checking the online status!!!

Champagne's chilling though, not sure what brand it is, just need to make sure it's got lots of bubbles so it pops when you open it and gives you hiccups when you've drunk it!!!