Approved!?

Old Feb 17th 2012, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

BenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Approved!?

Without sounding crazy but our online status has changed to approved, does this mean that's it or are we still subject to a second opinion or suchlike? I used to look at the help page on the nzis website saying what the status changes meant but now can't find it!
Old Feb 17th 2012, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Approved!?

Right found the page I couldn't and it says approved without expiry date so visas yet to be issued! Yippee
Old Feb 17th 2012, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of

Congratulations

Ian.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 6:57 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATS

and from your signature line extremely fast as well.

so what are your plans now?
Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Well we're a little confused as had an email this week stating 3/4 weeks, now it's approved, so not sure quite what happens next but, we need to...

Book flights
Pack everything
Book shipping container
Sell both cars
Hand my notice in at work
Sort last few bits of paperwork etc...

Feels like a tornado is about to go off!
Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:38 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

you may want to look at if it is financially beneficial to sell the cars rather than export them. When we looked it it worked out roughly £500 + £200 insurance on the container and then $1000 import fees (roughly) to ship the car over and you cannot get a heap of metal for that over here, I've been told
Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

We could only ship one of the cars as the 2nd we have had for less than a year, I cannot get anywhere near £500 shipping costs for the car, if i could I would consider it.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:42 pm

what size container are you booking.? we just put our car on the household container. sorry if you have already looked into this and discounted just wanted to give some options that you may not be aware of.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 9:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenP
Right found the page I couldn't and it says approved without expiry date so visas yet to be issued! Yippee
WooHoo! Many Congratulations!

Don't forget to add yourself to the appropriate leaving thread too . I shall be starting the April one very soon.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

yes had an email monday cofirming the approval, just need to take our passports in to be stamped, oh and hand over even more cash!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 8:04 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations

Yeah, it's not cheap, this emigrating malarky...
Old Mar 1st 2012, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Well it's official, we received our passports back today complete with our visas attached! Woohooooo
Old Mar 1st 2012, 4:49 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenP
Well it's official, we received our passports back today complete with our visas attached! Woohooooo
How long were your passports in the post and did you get the option of taking them down to London personally?
Old Mar 1st 2012, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Our case was a little different as I work abroad so need my passport constantly, we were in the uk for this week only, couldn't get an appointment at such short notice at the branch so we sent via royal mail special delivery on Saturday when we got back to the uk, asked for a call when they were processed to decide if posting them back or collection was best.

I had an email Tuesday morning saying they were in our case handlers hand and a call 9am Wednesday morning to say they were done, and had them in hand at noon today.

We had arranged it with our case handler before we even got back here as we leave again Sunday morning.

I have to say our case handler has been superb, very polite, friendly helpful and extremely efficient!
Old Mar 1st 2012, 5:36 pm

thats great news, so when you coming over and where?

seriously can't believe how quickly it was done, who'd you sleep with /got photo's of in compromising positions ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.