British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Approved - 2 months to the day after submitting application (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/approved-2-months-day-after-submitting-application-879928/)

KOH2 Jul 5th 2016 9:02 am

Approved - 2 months to the day after submitting application

Got an email this morning saying my partnership residence visa has been approved in principle.

So now got a house to sell & pack (we're ready to accept an offer this week) and we'll be on our way in October.

A busy 3 months ahead - it's all happening finally !!!

MrsFychan Jul 5th 2016 10:22 am

Re: Approved - 2 months to the day after submitting application

Congrats, going to go so fast. hopefully the house sale goes through with no problems

ReturningKiwi14 Jul 9th 2016 9:26 am

Originally Posted by KOH2 (Post 11994134)
Got an email this morning saying my partnership residence visa has been approved in principle.

So now got a house to sell & pack (we're ready to accept an offer this week) and we'll be on our way in October.

A busy 3 months ahead - it's all happening finally !!!

Congrats you!

We had a longer wait so you must be special! 😀

We hope to move Nov/Dec...and are putting house on the market and sorting out which moving company....

Good luck with the exciting next months

KOH2 Jul 14th 2016 10:04 am

Thank you both MrsF & ReturningKiwi.

Hope your move is as stress-free as possible, ReturningKiwi.

Whereabouts in NZ are you moving to?

ReturningKiwi14 Jul 14th 2016 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by KOH2 (Post 12002339)
Thank you both MrsF & ReturningKiwi.

Hope your move is as stress-free as possible, ReturningKiwi.

Whereabouts in NZ are you moving to?

We are back to Wellington (I went to uni there).

As other half is being and bred Londoner I thought for sure it was Auckland or nothing.... But lucky me, wellingtons close hills, views and sense of community won out to Auckland soulless sprawl (hey I happen to like Auckland!)

Helped we could eat a view and house cheaper than Auckland too....

Bought over 2 years ago and renovations started last week.

You?????

ReturningKiwi14 Jul 14th 2016 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by ReturningKiwi14 (Post 12002711)

As other half is being and bred Londoner I thought for sure it was Auckland or nothing.... But lucky me, wellingtons close hills, views and sense of community won out to Auckland soulless sprawl (hey I happen to like Auckland!)

You?????

Eat meaning get of course!
And I lived in Auckland and liked it... But the house prices are eye watering now....

KOH2 Jul 19th 2016 10:52 am

Originally Posted by ReturningKiwi14 (Post 12002711)

You?????

We're heading to Wanganui - OH grew up there and now wants to retire & I'm ready for a quieter life too - want to have a large garden so I can grow my own fruit & veg.

No house over there - keep watching trademe for what's coming up for sale but obviously won't buy till we get there. Hopefully as we head into NZ spring more properties will come on the market.

Good luck with your renovations. Have you got/Are you putting in a (central) heating system?

I hope we can find a nicely insulated one - if not it will be on our priority list of things to do.

ReturningKiwi14 Jul 19th 2016 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by KOH2 (Post 12006291)
We're heading to Wanganui - OH grew up there and now wants to retire & I'm ready for a quieter life too - want to have a large garden so I can grow my own fruit & veg.

No house over there - keep watching trademe for what's coming up for sale but obviously won't buy till we get there. Hopefully as we head into NZ spring more properties will come on the market.

Good luck with your renovations. Have you got/Are you putting in a (central) heating system?

I hope we can find a nicely insulated one - if not it will be on our priority list of things to do.

Yeah we are insulating, double glazing and putting in central heating. We are adamant we won't be cold

NZ houses are a bit nippy.... Fine when growing up, but after uk living you notice the difference

Funnily enough I'm from Wanganui! But too quiet for me to go gave to. Some lovely old houses there tho....still got mates there