British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   approval timeline..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/approval-timeline-721036/)

crumpy10 Jun 15th 2011 12:00 pm

approval timeline.....

Hello all,

We are in the throws (again :blink:) to submit our EOI! & I cant find for the life of me how long once you submit the ITA how long the approval timeline is....

Am I right in remembering this? if you have a job offer, then within 3 months your approved? and without job offer its 3 to 6 months? we have 140 pts btw.

We need (hopefully :fingerscrossed:) to be in NZ by October next year.

I hope someone can help?

Thanks

Anna :D

jeij Jun 15th 2011 5:26 pm

Re: approval timeline.....

Hi there,

We've just started looking into the migration process and had an initial consultation with an immigration adviser. As we're looking at applying without a job offer we've been told we'd be looking at around 6-12 months to be issued a visa once we've submitted all the bits.

Jane

florabundi Jun 15th 2011 7:11 pm

Hi Crumpy10. Ours has gone something like this so far (SMC ~ no job offer, will look for job when we get there)
3 March 2011 ~ EOI Submitted
22 March 2011 ~ ITA Received
Medicals, police checks & various other bits of paper
2 June ITA Submitted
10 June ~ Request for interview, next week!.......:eek:
It has moved much faster than I anticipated and I hope this helps
Flora x

Lejamez Jun 15th 2011 8:07 pm

hey,

Our timeline was way faster than expected :

EOI submitted Oct 2010; ITA issued Nov 2010; ITA lodged Mar2011; Interview May 10th 2011; Visa Approved May 11th 2011

We got his without a job offer for my OH and only reason we're still in UK is house not sold yet.

Good luck :fingerscrossed:

crumpy10 Jun 15th 2011 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Lejamez (Post 9435179)
hey,

Our timeline was way faster than expected :

EOI submitted Oct 2010; ITA issued Nov 2010; ITA lodged Mar2011; Interview May 10th 2011; Visa Approved May 11th 2011

We got his without a job offer for my OH and only reason we're still in UK is house not sold yet.

Good luck :fingerscrossed:

Thanks for that! what visa have you been given? PR or WTR???? what trade are you in also? we are going in on the SMC with OH as an electrician, and we also have a house to sell, where are you at the moment? we are norfolk.

Anna

emmabc Jun 15th 2011 8:36 pm

Ho Crumpy10

We completed EOI on 6/4/11 - ITA 7/4/11 paperwork(medicals etc) accepted on 23/5/11 and then approval for PR on 11/6/11 - this was with job offer and 180 points - it as all happened much quicker than we thought and we didn't use an immigration agent - Good Luck with it all :)

RobDon Jun 15th 2011 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by crumpy10 (Post 9434176)
Hello all,

We are in the throws (again :blink:) to submit our EOI! & I cant find for the life of me how long once you submit the ITA how long the approval timeline is....

Am I right in remembering this? if you have a job offer, then within 3 months your approved? and without job offer its 3 to 6 months? we have 140 pts btw.

We need (hopefully :fingerscrossed:) to be in NZ by October next year.

I hope someone can help?

Thanks

Anna :D

Hi Anna,
See our time line below for a rough guide. ;)
This was with a job offer. :thumbsup: