apprenticeship

Old Apr 23rd 2011, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

lyndsay0505 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default apprenticeship

Hi I'm looking for a bit of advice please, I have been advised by an immigration expert that I can immigrate to New zealand on my HND Interior Design, I dont have experience but nz are looking for the diploma. My partner is unskilled and was looking to do an apprenticeship once we are in NZ. My Question is: Is there a waiting time new migrants have to wait or be in the country before they can apply for an apprenticeship? I know it'll be a lot of money, thats not the problem but he is unsure about immigrating as it is and I'd like to be able to tell him he can get an apprenticeship pretty quick! Thanks in advance
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 6:46 pm
Nottingham

josephine123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: apprenticeship

Originally Posted by lyndsay0505
Hi I'm looking for a bit of advice please, I have been advised by an immigration expert that I can immigrate to New zealand on my HND Interior Design, I dont have experience but nz are looking for the diploma. My partner is unskilled and was looking to do an apprenticeship once we are in NZ. My Question is: Is there a waiting time new migrants have to wait or be in the country before they can apply for an apprenticeship? I know it'll be a lot of money, thats not the problem but he is unsure about immigrating as it is and I'd like to be able to tell him he can get an apprenticeship pretty quick! Thanks in advance
hi there

you may wish to look on the NZ government website to check this out or, go back try speaking to the emigration group they are pretty good.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 10:01 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by josephine123
hi there
you may wish to look on the NZ government website to check this out or go back try speaking to the emigration group they are pretty good.
I can't understand this post at all. Where did the emigration group creep in
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 11:22 pm
`

Hi I'm looking for a bit of advice please, I have been advised by an immigration expert that I can immigrate to New zealand on my HND Interior Design,
Really? Under which visa policy please?

I dont have experience but nz are looking for the diploma.
NZIS - New Zealand Immigration will always want to see that the overseas person has the education to match the skilled occupation.

My partner is unskilled and was looking to do an apprenticeship once we are in NZ. My Question is: Is there a waiting time new migrants have to wait or be in the country before they can apply for an apprenticeship?
Will your partner be applying to emigrate with you? Are you both looking to emigrate and become NZ residents together?

I know it'll be a lot of money,
What makes you say that please?

thats not the problem but he is unsure about immigrating as it is and I'd like to be able to tell him he can get an apprenticeship pretty quick! Thanks in advance
I would suggest it will all depend on whether there are apprenticeship places in his chosen occupation / trade.
What is he wanting to train in?
Old Apr 24th 2011, 9:39 am
Nottingham

Originally Posted by BEVS
Really? Under which visa policy please?

NZIS - New Zealand Immigration will always want to see that the overseas person has the education to match the skilled occupation.

Will your partner be applying to emigrate with you? Are you both looking to emigrate and become NZ residents together?

What makes you say that please?

I would suggest it will all depend on whether there are apprenticeship places in his chosen occupation / trade.
What is he wanting to train in?
hi guys

i agree with you bev i suggested the emigration group here in the UK as they are usually pretty good and have answered all my questions, just an idea.

Old Apr 25th 2011, 12:31 am
`

hi guys

i agree with you bev i suggested the emigration group here in the UK as they are usually pretty good and have answered all my questions, just an idea.
OK but I gotta ask, what do you mean by "they are usually pretty good". Have you had a long time association with them or is this just for your own application ?

My own suggestion would be that the OP gets to know the basics of what is actually involved via the actual NZIS website. Free immy consultations are all very well but when all is said and done these people are still running a business and looking for customers. Once the OP knows or understand more than shows in their first post, then if they wish to employ an immigration consultant they pick one suitable to their circumstances using IAA to select a licensed one and looking to those that come recommended with actual positive track records of successful applications.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Hi ok i am completely confused, i emailed the man i went to see on sat to confirm what he said. No reply yet. I paid him for his time he is a reputable company.
He never said what visa it was, I originally went to get more info on Australia and he brought up NZ which i honestly hadnt thought about. i was a bit unprepared and it wasnt till i left all these questions flooded into my head.
My partner is in the care sector, he either wants to go to uni or get an apprenticeship and its not happening here in the uk so we are looking at abroad options.
The price for immigrants going to uni is about £25000 in NZ and i think apprenticeships arn't far off that either.
Sorry i am new to this site, what emigration group is being talked about? and am i an op?
Thanks for your time, i really appreciate it
Old Apr 25th 2011, 8:28 am
Nottingham

Hi ok i am completely confused, i emailed the man i went to see on sat to confirm what he said. No reply yet. I paid him for his time he is a reputable company.
He never said what visa it was, I originally went to get more info on Australia and he brought up NZ which i honestly hadnt thought about. i was a bit unprepared and it wasnt till i left all these questions flooded into my head.
My partner is in the care sector, he either wants to go to uni or get an apprenticeship and its not happening here in the uk so we are looking at abroad options.
The price for immigrants going to uni is about £25000 in NZ and i think apprenticeships arn't far off that either.
Sorry i am new to this site, what emigration group is being talked about? and am i an op?
hi guys

i perfectly get what Bev is saying. i am using the emigration group to point me in the right direction. and yes they get their info from NZ but i found it has saved me a lot of stress and worry as when i ask them a question, if they do not know the answer they go off and search for it. i have found working full time and doing this is stressful enough without having to search for everything myself, that is what suits me at this time.

i think you need to keep trying this guy as he could be on hols this weekend.

try and get back to him say tomorrow or next week.

jo
Old Apr 26th 2011, 3:52 am
`

Is he licensed? Check with the IAA- click the link. As it stands, he should confirm what he said to you in writing with details. Don't sign anything until you are clear what, if anything, he can do for you. Further, don't sign anything until you at least understand about how one emigrate to New Zealannd or Australia.

We can all help with that here - for free ! Once you understand then you will be in a position to make an informed decision about this and if you need or want to pay for an Immigration Consultant , that would be the time to do it and not before.

He should have told you under what policy you could enter New Zealand.

Once you are residents of either NZ or Australia , he will be perfectly free to pursue this as a domestic student.

I take it you are referring to international student fees. This would not apply if you were able to emigrate and become an NZ resident.

Yes. You are the Opening Poster - OP. Emigration Group is just another immigration consultant business.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 4:06 am
`

hi guys
i perfectly get what Bev is saying. i am using the emigration group to point me in the right direction. and yes they get their info from NZ but i found it has saved me a lot of stress and worry as when i ask them a question, if they do not know the answer they go off and search for it. i have found working full time and doing this is stressful enough without having to search for everything myself, that is what suits me at this time.
i think you need to keep trying this guy as he could be on hols this weekend.
try and get back to him say tomorrow or next week.
jo
As Lydsay0505 has paid good money she should certainly get the bloke to clarify his advice in writing . After that she should do no more until she understands the NZ immigration process. Her first post shows that she is uncertain of the facts.

You own application is different. You are a social worker and so will apply under the skilled migrant policy. Social Workers are on the shortages list. Your overseas quals (degree) and work exp should match the occupation. If they don't then an NZQA assessment is necessary to prove the standard. You may need to boost your points with a job offer. That is possible as the occupation is on the shortages list.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 4:17 am
`

Hi Lyndsay0505.

Let's go back to the beginning and this.

Hi I'm looking for a bit of advice please, I have been advised by an immigration expert that I can immigrate to New zealand on my HND Interior Design, I dont have experience but nz are looking for the diploma.
I'd like you to click the link and read THIS please

Interior Designer is seen as a skilled occupation here in New Zealand but it isn't in shortage.

People that emigrate to New Zealand usually come in using the Skilled Migrant Policy ( please also click this link & have a good read) unless they have shed loads of money.

I'd like you to try out the POINTS INDICATOR and come back and tell us all how many points you get.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi i got a reply from the email i sent the expert, all he said was
"Hi Lindsay,
Migration to New Zealand is different to Australia . The HND will come in when you have a job offer from an NZ employer.
Sincerely"
I cant recall going into getting a job offer from employers, but ill get him to confirm everything we went through and ill let you know, thanks for your help everyone
Old Apr 26th 2011, 8:27 pm
Nottingham

Originally Posted by BEVS
As Lydsay0505 has paid good money she should certainly get the bloke to clarify his advice in writing . After that she should do no more until she understands the NZ immigration process. Her first post shows that she is uncertain of the facts.

You own application is different. You are a social worker and so will apply under the skilled migrant policy. Social Workers are on the shortages list. Your overseas quals (degree) and work exp should match the occupation. If they don't then an NZQA assessment is necessary to prove the standard. You may need to boost your points with a job offer. That is possible as the occupation is on the shortages list.
hi bev,

i have just sent my NZQA off as i qualified ten years ago and even though ihave a masters degree the wording for the points is b/a hons degree so you are absolutely spot on and i need to have it assessed to prove the standards match. i have had a bit of a nightmare with this and had to get salford uni to prove this as the course i did which is a diploma in social worker and a masters degree no longer runs but keep your fingers crossed i may make it but as you say again a job offer will do the same trick.

i was giving advice about the apprenticeship and cause i don't know about this stuff and that is why i am using emigration group. i know i am in a very lucky position and just feel sorry for people who are less fortunate than myself.

your advice is sound and on the money so to speak, have you ever thought of starting your own emigration business girl?

jo
Old Apr 26th 2011, 10:28 pm
`

"Hi Lindsay,
Migration to New Zealand is different to Australia . The HND will come in when you have a job offer from an NZ employer.
Sincerely"
I cant recall going into getting a job offer from employers, but ill get him to confirm everything we went through and ill let you know, thanks for your help everyone
He is correct . Migration to NZ is different to Oz. That's because they are 2 different countries

Have you tried the points indicator yet?

As your occupation is not in shortage you may well find it an uphill battle to
1 - get an NZ job offer
2 - have NZIS (NZ immigration) accept that there is no similarly qualified NZ resident or citizen that could take up that vacancy.

The skilled migrant policy works on points.
You gets points for your age
Points for an NZ job offer in your skilled occupation
Points for work experience

100 is the minimum but there is no chance of being picked with those points. 140 is an automatic pick.

If you did manage to find an NZ job offer and NZIS would accept that it is OK for the NZ employer to offer you the work, then NZIS would also want to see that you are suitably qualified. Your HNC might be enough. There again it might not. It would depend on the level of qualification standard that NZIS want to see. As far as I can tell from the ANZSCO website, NZIS look for a degree standard for an interior designer.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 3:12 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

"Hi Lindsay,
Sincerely"
Hmmm, I hope that advice didn't cost you much.