Applying for Work Visa in NZ

Old Jul 27th 2015, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Cherrie Hub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for Work Visa in NZ

Hi everyone, I have a question, I plan to go to New Zealand by the end of November on a visitor visa (my country is on a visa-waiver list) and while in NZ I would love to search for jobs and apply for an appropriate work visa while being there. But then, 3 months is a short time (I suppose I could apply for an extension visitor visa), which visa would be a fast-track visa, taking into account, I would apply with a job offer in hand?
Thanks for any info,
Maggie
Old Jul 27th 2015, 7:59 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for Work Visa in NZ

so you want to work for a few months before moving to the Cayman Island? there's is no fast track visa as such and coming over on a visitors visa with the intention to look for work may be frowned upon as technically you are not allowed to do that and if they believe that is your intention you may not get into the country, so be very careful. as for gaining employment what is your skill set? is your occupation on any of the required lists? have you thought of a working holiday visa, which will allow you to work for a few months over a certain time limit, 12-23 mths?

Last edited by MrsFychan; Jul 27th 2015 at 8:06 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 11:54 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

There is no fast track visa.

If you were in NZ and received an NZ job offer, several criteria would come into play before you could uplift a temporary work permit which would allow you to work.

As MrsF suggests, if you are eligible , a working holiday visa may be helpful. Otherwise , if you enter on a visitors visa then that is what you should do - visit.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 11:55 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

There are conditions as to whether a work visa will be issued, you can't get one just because you have a job offer. It mainly depends on what the job is.

What skills do you have? What job do you do now?.

A Working Holiday Visa is a good idea if you're of the right age-it allows you to visit and do temp work. Which country are you from, I assume not the UK as you mention only 3mth entry into NZ. Are you able to apply for a WHV with your passport?

You are allowed to enter NZ as a visitor and look for work. However you will have to show that you do intend to leave the country if you don't find any.
I am overseas at the moment, but would like to visit NZ and look for a job. - Immigration NZ Knowledgebase

Be aware that if you plan to enter NZ as a visitor then you must have proof of onward travel out of NZ. You won't get on the plane to get here if you don't!

P
Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Hi, thank you for the replies - no I'm out of age bracket for the Working holiday visa unfortunately. I have been self employed for 8 years running online shops, so have got retail experience, and before I was working in a hospitality sector - hotels, b&bs etc. Have also got basic accountancy skills.
How long do you think will the work visa take, once I get a job offer?

I'm not going to Cayman Islands?

I'd love to stay in NZ for longer, if possible, maybe few years. Yes, I'm originally from Poland, but have been in UK for last 11 years.
Maggie
Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:45 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/cayma...invest-861562/

??

with those job skills I doubt very much you would be able to up lift a visa to move here permanently. but please feel free to check out the Immigration site http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/
Old Jul 28th 2015, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
http://britishexpats.com/forum/cayma...invest-861562/

??

with those job skills I doubt very much you would be able to up lift a visa to move here permanently. but please feel free to check out the Immigration site http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/
yes, that was still a research phase.