Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Applying for temp work permit based on partnership.

Applying for temp work permit based on partnership.

Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough
Default Applying for temp work permit based on partnership.

Hi

I’m a UK citizen currently living in Auckland on a 23-month Working Holiday Visa which expires in Feb 2011. My partner is a kiwi (we’ve been in a relationship for a year and living together for a month). I want to lodge an application for a temporary work permit based on partnership and have a few questions/concerns.

1). When I state on my application “date I arrived in NZ”, I assume I’ll write when I entered for the WHV. Then it asks “date you want your work permit to be valid for”. Should I write a date that’s two years after the date my WP application is lodged? Then I assume I’d write the date I depart NZ to be the same as when I’d like my visa/permit to be valid until.

2). On question N5 it says, “if your partner is a NZ citizen, do you intend to apply for residence under Immigration NZ’s Partnership Policy?” I don’t know whether to put Yes / No / NA. Then it asks, “will your partner be eligible to sponsor your application for residence?” Yes or No? I’m worried it might jeopardise my application whatever I tick although I did declare on the ITA (which I submitted last week) that I have a partner but he is not included in the application.

Cheers,
Claire
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:32 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for temp work permit based on partnership.

Originally Posted by celeliza View Post
1). When I state on my application “date I arrived in NZ”, I assume I’ll write when I entered for the WHV. Then it asks “date you want your work permit to be valid for”. Should I write a date that’s two years after the date my WP application is lodged? Then I assume I’d write the date I depart NZ to be the same as when I’d like my visa/permit to be valid until.
The date you arrived is the last date you arrived, if that was when you arrived under the WHV then that is the date.

If you want a 2yr permit then put a date 2yrs from now.

As you have already applied for residency leave the date you depart NZ blank.

2). On question N5 it says, “if your partner is a NZ citizen, do you intend to apply for residence under Immigration NZ’s Partnership Policy?” I don’t know whether to put Yes / No / NA. Then it asks, “will your partner be eligible to sponsor your application for residence?” Yes or No? I’m worried it might jeopardise my application whatever I tick although I did declare on the ITA (which I submitted last week) that I have a partner but he is not included in the application.
You have already applied for residency under your own steam so you don´t intend to apply for residency under the partner stream. As you won´t then have an application as far as this form is concerned then leave the partner question blank.

Hope this helps...
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for that SimonSi.

Not long after I arrived in NZ on a WHV, I went over to Aussie for a long weekend so I could put the last date I entered in NZ.

Then, I will add the date 2 years later for the permit to be valid to.

Have you been in this kind of situation before?
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 7:04 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that SimonSi.

Not long after I arrived in NZ on a WHV, I went over to Aussie for a long weekend so I could put the last date I entered in NZ.

Then, I will add the date 2 years later for the permit to be valid to.

Have you been in this kind of situation before?
Your residency application should be processed well before 2yrs. No I haven´t been in this situation.