British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   APPLYING FOR RESIDENCE VISA???HELP (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/applying-residence-visa-help-766478/)

nzbrit Jul 28th 2012 11:02 am

APPLYING FOR RESIDENCE VISA???HELP

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO IS A NZ REGISTERED NURSE(AGED CARE) .SHE HAS 2 YEARS RN EXPERIENCE AND WORKING AS A RN HERE IN NZ. THE QUESTION IS,IS SHE QUALIFIED TO APPLY FOR RESIDENCY?

RN(AGED CARE) IS UNDER PART A OF SKILLED OCCUPATION BUT ONLY HAVING TWO YEARS EXPERIENCE DOES NOT MEET THE CRITERIA OF LTSSL.

SM7.10.1 Assessment of whether employment is skilled
An offer of employment or current employment in New Zealand will be assessed as skilled if it meets the
requirements of (a), (b) or (c) below.
a. The occupation is included in part A of the List of Skilled Occupations held at Appendix 11 and the
principal applicant* can demonstrate that their offer of employment or current employment substantially
matches the description for that occupation (including core tasks) as set out in the ANZSCO and:
i the applicant holds a relevant recognised qualification which is at, or above, the qualification level on
the Register (see SM14.5) that corresponds to the indicative skill level described for that occupation
in the ANZSCO; or
ii the applicant has the relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the
required qualification; or
iii the employment is in an occupation included on the Long Term Skill Shortage List and the applicant meets the
relevant requirements specified in column three of the Long Term Skill Shortage List for that occupation.

alexn Aug 2nd 2012 7:48 am

Re: APPLYING FOR RESIDENCE VISA???HELP

If she has the qualifications for that job and has NZ work experience, I think she can. Unless, I am mistaken, your friend looks to be in a good position to apply.

Originally Posted by nzbrit (Post 10197769)
I HAVE A FRIEND WHO IS A NZ REGISTERED NURSE(AGED CARE) .SHE HAS 2 YEARS RN EXPERIENCE AND WORKING AS A RN HERE IN NZ. THE QUESTION IS,IS SHE QUALIFIED TO APPLY FOR RESIDENCY?

RN(AGED CARE) IS UNDER PART A OF SKILLED OCCUPATION BUT ONLY HAVING TWO YEARS EXPERIENCE DOES NOT MEET THE CRITERIA OF LTSSL.

SM7.10.1 Assessment of whether employment is skilled
An offer of employment or current employment in New Zealand will be assessed as skilled if it meets the
requirements of (a), (b) or (c) below.
a. The occupation is included in part A of the List of Skilled Occupations held at Appendix 11 and the
principal applicant* can demonstrate that their offer of employment or current employment substantially
matches the description for that occupation (including core tasks) as set out in the ANZSCO and:
i the applicant holds a relevant recognised qualification which is at, or above, the qualification level on
the Register (see SM14.5) that corresponds to the indicative skill level described for that occupation
in the ANZSCO; or
ii the applicant has the relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the
required qualification; or
iii the employment is in an occupation included on the Long Term Skill Shortage List and the applicant meets the
relevant requirements specified in column three of the Long Term Skill Shortage List for that occupation.

MrsFychan Aug 2nd 2012 7:53 am

Originally Posted by nzbrit (Post 10197769)

get your friend to speak to her local Immigration office, the one in Wellington were very helpful when my husband wanted to clarify things so hopefully if that is not near you guys then the one that is is just as helpful. good luck to her

nzbrit Aug 3rd 2012 10:47 pm

OKIdoki thanks! She got a few months experience here in NZ because she has just started working. I hope she will qualify.

James Baker Aug 4th 2012 11:39 am

we had a similar panic but dont worry at all, the 3 years experience required onmthe LTSSL is for gaining bonus points for that qualification/ job, the fact she doesnt have yet 3 years experience doesnt preclude you from claiming points for job just the bonus points. My partner had 1.5 years experience a sa nurse and we have just been approved skilled migrant visas.

nzbrit Aug 5th 2012 2:36 am

thanks James! I understand now. She can claim points for the skilled employment but she can't claim for bonus points under LTSSL because she got only 2 years and 3 months experience. Anyways, I think she has enough points to qualify.

May I ask you, what are the requirements for SMC application?Thanks

BEVS Aug 10th 2012 2:39 am

To be clear.

Is your friend a fully trained nurse who has NZ nursing registration?

nzbrit Aug 10th 2012 7:20 am

YES BEVS.. SHE IS WORKING AS A RN HERE IN NZ FOR 3 MONTHS NOW.