Apply for work visa in which catogry?

Old May 15th 2011, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

PaulaF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Apply for work visa in which catogry?

Dear All
I have been in NZ on a specific purpose work visa since January 2011. The visa will expire May 31, 2011. My employer (University) has now offered me a position until at least December 2011. As it is an accredited employer I understand we will not have to prove no Kiwi could be found for the job.

Is that correct that I can apply for a work visa with that job offer even though the offer is not for permanent employment? Shall I apply for Essential Skills Work Visa?

I have been reading though the immigration website a while now and am a little confused as to whether I can get a work visa and obviously time is running out soon as my visa is about to expire. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
Paula
Old May 15th 2011, 11:55 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Apply for work visa in which catogry?

You should be apply for a temporary work permit which will expire Dec 2011.

Is this work/occupation listed on the Essential Skills list ? If it is , then it is an essential skill work permit application.

Have a look at this chart
Old May 16th 2011, 2:46 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Apply for work visa in which category?

Hi, thanx for the reply. The job is not on the essentials skills list but it is a skilled job. I had a look at the chart already and looks like I am eligible for a work visa. Just still unsure whether to apply for the essentials skills visa as all other cateogries (specific purpose, family etc.) do not fit to my situation. However, my occupation is not on the shortage list although skilled.

But since the employer is accredited I guess I can still apply under the essential skills? Judging by the chart I can.

Any ideas what happens if I apply for the wrong work visa? Do they allow me to re-apply?

Cheers
Old May 16th 2011, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

Hi Paula,
Which University do you work for? If it's University of Auckland there is an immigration adviser you can talk to. Her name is Ann-Maree Duxfield and she should be able to point you in the right direction. If you need more info happy to provide her contact details.
Old May 16th 2011, 5:01 am
Just Joined

It's not Auckland University.