Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

To Apply or not to Apply for PR? How Long Does it Take?

To Apply or not to Apply for PR? How Long Does it Take?

Old Jan 25th 2012, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

BenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To Apply or not to Apply for PR? How Long Does it Take?

we couldnt submit our passports with out ita so just sent in certified copies which should suffice fine. You will just need to submit the real thing if and when its granted for the stickers to be put in.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

Got my ITA now - 2 weeks!

Now i'm speeding things up - sent stuff to the UK for the Police Check

For the medical in NZ - as i'm in NZ can i just go through my GP?

Then they'll refer me to the hospital etc for the x-rays?

Cheers
Old Jan 29th 2012, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DennisBergkamp
For the medical in NZ - as i'm in NZ can i just go through my GP?

Then they'll refer me to the hospital etc for the x-rays?

Cheers
Yep you can get your medical though your regular GP. They'll send you off to the local lab and the radiology clinic for the additional bloods and x-ray.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

I got in touch with my doctor and they said they will send the blood test results to Immigration NZ directly

IS this normal? I Thought they give them back to me so i can submit them with the rest of my evidence

I dont have a case officer i dont think at this stage (ITA stage)

Anyone else been through the medicals in NZ?

Thanks
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

I was given all my blood test and xray results to send off with my ITA documents, not sure if thats just my GP though or if there's a set way it should be done
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lisamct
I was given all my blood test and xray results to send off with my ITA documents, not sure if thats just my GP though or if there's a set way it should be done
I'll ask to have them instead of them sending them off

I'm paying the fortune after all so they should listen!

Thanks lisamct

medical on Valentine's day!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Also how can i get a certified copy of my passport and birth certificate?

Would a police officer or solicitor be sufficient?

Shall i make a colour scan beforehand and take them and the originals with me?

Thanks
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

a solicitor is fine and just a normal photocopy will suffice
Old Feb 5th 2012, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisamct
Yep you can get your medical though your regular GP. They'll send you off to the local lab and the radiology clinic for the additional bloods and x-ray.
Are you sure about that? You can get your medical through a panel doctor, and if your GP happens to be one of them fair enough, but few GPs are...
Old Feb 5th 2012, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GoingIn2011
Are you sure about that? You can get your medical through a panel doctor, and if your GP happens to be one of them fair enough, but few GPs are...
My doctors seemed to offer the service

I'll call immigration tomorrow and double check

I have to get the X-ray done elsewhere but the results are sent back to my doctor before i see them.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoingIn2011
Yep, thats the case outside of New Zealand but if your already here and getting a visa medical for NZ Immigration then you can get it done by any NZ GP.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
I havent been able to submit the ITA yet - got all my documents etc but i had to go back to the UK as my mum unexpectedly passed away.

I had my medical signed on the 15th Feb then had to return to the UK on the 16th

The aim is to hand all the stuff in on the 30th March once i see a JP to sign off the certified copies of the passport, Birth certificate and qualifications. Or i'll just pay a solicitor somewhere in Welly. I cant do anything from here in the UK as i didnt bring anything back with me as it was all a massive rush

My main question is this:
IS 45 days enough for them to see my ITA before the medical expires?
(if i hand in on 30th March thats 45 days till the medical expires)

I will write a coverletter explaining all what happened in the hope they dont make me fork out for another. I passed it last time, but i wouldnt now, after all whats happened and the crap i've been eating

Thanks
Old Mar 13th 2012, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

I think it's as long as its in date when submitted but not 100%, our application was marked as received 25th and medicals accepted 26th.

Sorry to hear about your mum.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 6:59 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear about your mum, it's awful being so far away. Hope everything runs smoothly.

As for the medicals as long as they are submitted and accepted within the 3mth time limit I'm sure its fine. as BenP says submitted one day and accepted on the system within a few days.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 9:07 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Very sorry to hear about your mum, DennisB

Your medicals have to have been done within 3months of NZIS receiving your ITA. So as long as this is the case then you'll be fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.