British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Apply for EOI...need assistance (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/apply-eoi-need-assistance-807935/)

dilruk336 Sep 2nd 2013 8:46 am

Apply for EOI...need assistance

hi all,

I need some assistance with New Zealand Migration Process. I want to submit the EOI Please let me know whether I can apply for the EOI and and how many points I can claim with having following qualifications for me and my wife .

IELTS Results :

Listening - 8
Speaking - 7
Writing - 6.5
Reading - 6.5
Overall - 7.0

Academic Qualifications :

Bsc in Information Technology in Computer System and Networking ( 4 Year Degree)
CCIE R&S , CCNP , CCNA , JNCIA , JNCIS, CCNA Voice , CCNA Wireless , RHCE , RHCSA

Experience :

5 Years (Computer System and Network Engineer)

Spouse Details

Qualifications :

MSc in Information Technology (2 years - Part Time - English Medium )
Bsc (Hons.) in Computer System and Networking (4 years - Full Time - English Medium )

Experience :

ICT Lecturer and Lab Instructor (3 years - Full Time past 5 Years)

IELTS Results :

Listening - 6.5
Speaking - 7
Writing - 7
Reading - 9
Overall - 7.5

Earlier also I made a post without indicating my spouse Qualifications . But in here I mentioned that qualifications also.

Thanks

MrsFychan Sep 2nd 2013 9:14 am

Re: Apply for EOI...need assistance

you can fill in the points indicator online at

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/

You will need over 100 points to be eligible to apply but nearer the 140 with a job offer for any hope of being picked

but also think you need to decide why you want to move and then decide if it is Canada, Australia or NZ you really want to come to. Its not cheap emigrating and you really don't want to get it wrong.

dilruk336 Sep 5th 2013 11:43 am

hi ,

Thanks for your reply. According to this point calculator I can take 135 marks which includes all my qualifications and my spouse. But still I need to take 140 in order to being invited.

How about the possibility of getting invited with having 135 marks and Is there any one else who applied with this marks.

What will be the general time taken to being invited ? Is it must to have a valid job offer to being invited ?

Your responses are highly.

Thanks

escapedtonz Sep 5th 2013 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by dilruk336 (Post 10887026)
hi ,

Thanks for your reply. According to this point calculator I can take 135 marks which includes all my qualifications and my spouse. But still I need to take 140 in order to being invited.

How about the possibility of getting invited with having 135 marks and Is there any one else who applied with this marks.

What will be the general time taken to being invited ? Is it must to have a valid job offer to being invited ?

Thanks

Hi,

You need 140 points or more to ensure automatic selection from the pool. There's no guarantee that you will receive ITA if your EOI is selected automatically or manually. Once an EOI is selected, Immigration carry out preliminary checking first and if they don't consider your EOI score as being reasonable they can reduce the points and place your EOI back in the pool or even decline to accept your EOI if the points score drops below 100.
If this happens they will of course let you know and give you the reasons why.

135 is a good score - I assume this is without a job offer ?
You will see the recent history of the fortnightly selections via the link below. As you can see, after the automatic selection process, only EOI's between 100 and 140 points with job's or job offers are being selected.
This would lead one to believe that the possibility of being selected with 135 points and no job offer is low.

http://formshelp.immigration.govt.nz...ts/eoi2013.htm

If you do manage to be selected and the EOI passes through preliminary checking you should receive ITA between 2 - 4 weeks.

It is not a must that you have a job or job offer to gain selection and ITA. I am proof of that as I secured Residency from just experience and qualifications alone via the skilled migrant visa route, however it all depends on your points score.

Regards,

MrsFychan Sep 5th 2013 8:01 pm

you can only claim for one qualification and you state you have claimed for all, this qualification also has to of be taken at a recognised institution and be a recognised qualification. so I would say check out if your qualifications are recognised and try the indicator again

jodaid Sep 5th 2013 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by dilruk336 (Post 10887026)
hi ,

Thanks

I attended an expo a couple of months ago and spoke to a lady from immigration. Apparantly no-one has been selected from the 100-140 pool with under 140 points for the past 3 years, so I would suggest waiting until you have 140.

MrsFychan Sep 5th 2013 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by jodaid (Post 10887771)
I attended an expo a couple of months ago and spoke to a lady from immigration. Apparantly no-one has been selected from the 100-140 pool with under 140 points for the past 3 years, so I would suggest waiting until you have 140.

well thats a lie, see link in previous posts

Persephone Sep 5th 2013 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by jodaid (Post 10887771)

That is, no one apart from those that had a job offer [nearly every draw] and occasionally those with points for work experience in an area of skills shortage but no job offer...
So yes, it is not true! Shows how it's best to do your own research rather than rely on someone else;)

If your and your partner's qualifications are not recognised then they need assessing by NZQA in order to claim points for them.

jodaid Sep 5th 2013 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10887799)
So yes, it is not true! Shows how it's best to do your own research rather than rely on someone else;)

And there I was thinking i'd actually taken something useful from that expo... Bah :D

MrsFychan Sep 5th 2013 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by jodaid (Post 10887825)
And there I was thinking i'd actually taken something useful from that expo... Bah :D

we went to two and got nothing but how wonderful it all was and on speaking to an Immigration advisor we got told my husbands degree could not be used and he would have to do lots of work to get us accepted. Luckily we checked with those that do the actual application forms at NZ House in London who told us that the Immigration did not know what he was talking about as we could use the degree. We did the application ourselves and anything we didn't quite understand we just called NZ House and asked them

dilruk336 Sep 6th 2013 4:19 am

hi all,

According to the points calculator in your site (http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780454)
I have something to clarify with you all.

Skilled employment

50 points: job offer
50 points: working in a skilled job in New Zealand for less than 12 months
60 points: working in a skilled job in New Zealand for more than 12 months.

Bonus points

10 points: work in an identified future growth area
10 points: work in an area of absolute skills shortage
10 points: work in a region outside Auckland
20 points if partner has a skilled job or job offer.

I want to know whether I can gain this both 10 points for work in an identified future growth area and area of absolute skills shortage ,
If I have work experience in NZ only ?

What happened If I work in foreign country in these identified future growth areas ? Can I claim these bonus points ?

Thanks

MrsFychan Sep 6th 2013 5:54 am

only if it is classed as a comparable market. you would need to check with your Immigration office if it is, or look on the Immigration website

Persephone Sep 6th 2013 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by dilruk336 (Post 10888215)
hi all,

According to the points calculator in your site (http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780454)
I have something to clarify with you all.

Skilled employment

50 points: job offer
50 points: working in a skilled job in New Zealand for less than 12 months
60 points: working in a skilled job in New Zealand for more than 12 months.

Bonus points

10 points: work in an identified future growth area
10 points: work in an area of absolute skills shortage
10 points: work in a region outside Auckland
20 points if partner has a skilled job or job offer.

I want to know whether I can gain this both 10 points for work in an identified future growth area and area of absolute skills shortage ,
If I have work experience in NZ only ?

What happened If I work in foreign country in these identified future growth areas ? Can I claim these bonus points ?

Thanks

The skilled employment points in your post refer to those with a job or job offer in NZ at the time of applying.
The bonus points underneath are only relevant if you HAVE a job or job offer in NZ.

You may be confusing this with Work Experience which can be anywhere in the world with a few provisos:
You can only claim points for work experience in a future growth area if you have a job offer in NZ
However you can claim points for WE in an area of skills shortage without a job offer in NZ.

Work experience only counts for points if it is undertaken in a Comparable Labour Market unless one of the following applies: it was undertaken for a multinational company domiciled in a listed country, you have a job offer in NZ or your work experience was in an area of absolute skills shortage.

Have you checked whether your qualifications are recognised yet? If they are not then you will need them assessed by NZQA. In order to claim points for an AASS then the assessment must fit in with the specifications on the LTSSL.
:)