Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Applied for SMC PR but received job search visa

Applied for SMC PR but received job search visa

Old Sep 6th 2016, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

vib_4040 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applied for SMC PR but received job search visa

Hi Guys,

I wonder if anyone had the same situation as mine.
I had applied for PR under SMC with my family on Jan 2016 and after verification of my documents my CO advised me to complete IQA and IPENZ.

As suggested i completed the above 2 assessments successfully and my interview with CO was over on 9th Aug 2016 and was hoping to get the PR without any issues.

But today i received the email from my CO stating that they have offered me Search visa under SMC.Me & and my family were 100% sure that we would be getting the PR but the email from CO has completely put us under dilemma.

Is it worth asking the CO why our PR application was declined or put on hold?
And also if i show them the proof on the job searchs that i have done from my side, is there any chance she would revert her decision and grant me the PR.

If anyone of you have gone through the same situation , would appreciate your help.

Regards,
Vib_4040
Old Sep 6th 2016, 8:28 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applied for SMC PR but received job search visa

No harm in asking, but with the visa given I believe it gives you the right to enter NZ and search for a position, which can sometimes be easier then from abroad. I do not believe showing them the searches you have done for jobs will help, the only thing that will would be the offer of work in the relevant field
No one can ever be 100% sure that their application would be agreed.