Application under the Parent Category.

Old Nov 28th 2013, 4:12 am

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application under the Parent Category.

Here is what I have from scraping together bits of info:

15 May 2012 - Logged original application just in time for cutoff for applications to be submitted under old system. We did this as he had just had medical completed when they announced rule changes.

I believe we then decided to submit an EOI for Tier one in November 2012, and missed the Nov selection by a day. We were drawn from Feb 2013 pool (as every three months). At that stage, all applicants in Tier one pool were being selected.

I think we were then requested to re-complete the existing sponsor documentation due to now being under the new system (existing medical submitted under old system was accepted for new application).

The lodgement date then became 20 May 2013 by the time the paperwork was updated (according to web page).

Existing medical cleared 7th September 2013 (this included a referral to medical assessor but I don't recall how long that took-sorry).

Fresh documentation from Sponsor requested (Again!)

Dementia test requested. Returned this to immigration two weeks after the request.

Approved 2nd October 2013.

Stickers in passport 14th November 2013.

P.s . My Dad is not speedy with paperwork so in all honesty it probably could have been quicker.

Last edited by Tan0410; Nov 28th 2013 at 5:54 am.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Esme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really nice
Default Re: Application under the Parent Category.

Back from 3 weeks in NZ - fantastic time apart from OH breaking his wrist after 5 days, but at least we had a taster of NZ hospitals - 3 hospitals + a medical centre, excellent care given. Definitely made our minds to apply early 2015 when daughter has full residency and then hopefully completed and moved by the end of the year. Not sure which area but within 2hr drive of Glenfield, North Shore (if daughter is still in same house). Anybody else entered on the Parent Visa?