Application under the Parent Category.

Old Aug 10th 2013, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

wendyhinde is an unknown quantity at this point

We were allocated a case officer in July 2013. Under the parent category our daughter and hubby sponsoring us. I do have health problems, not major though, and have worked non-stop in education for 23 years with limited time off with sickness.(evidence sent with application of this from employer) How long should we wait before we hear??? Should i send a letter from my consultant (who said she will back me 100%) to back up our application? Or would this just complicate things? Should we just wait and see??? We have waited over 2 years for this so are anxious as you can imagine. We used New Life Global immigration company to apply so we know we have all correct documentation etc.,m Please advise if you can. Would be so grateful for a reply. Thank you very much wendy hinde

I am going to get a written report from my Consultant and send it to our Case Officer anyway just to be up to date . I hope this will save some time when they look at our case

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 11th 2013 at 7:25 am.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 7:30 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Application under the Parent Category.

Hi there Wendy and welcome to this teeny tiny corner of BE.

You will see I have moved your posts to a thread of their own as they were languishing in a thread not to do with the parent category.

I've seen your BE signature .
Looking to move to NZ to be part of our grandchildren growing up. Have had our application lodged since July 2011. Very unhappy and angry ant new changes to parent category. We will now have to wait for years to get into NZ. We were all geared up to go next year.
It would seem you are not able to qualify for Tier 1. Is that so?
Old Aug 11th 2013, 8:42 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

not sure which Tier you are on but found this:

The queue of tier one EOIs is currently estimated to be six months.
The queue of existing applications lodged under the previous Parent Category is currently estimated to be five years.
The queue of tier two EOIs is estimated to be up to seven years.

taken from http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...m/live/parent/

which tier are you in?

tier allocation:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...oi/default.htm
Old Aug 11th 2013, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Red face Re: Application under the Parent Category.

Originally Posted by BEVS
Hi there Wendy and welcome to this teeny tiny corner of BE.

You will see I have moved your posts to a thread of their own as they were languishing in a thread not to do with the parent category.

I've seen your BE signature .

It would seem you are not able to qualify for Tier 1. Is that so?
We have been in the original parent category queue since July 2011. We have now been allocated a case officer to handle our application. We have had an immigration company acting for us (New Life Global) Our case officer has requested more details from our daughter and hubby who are sponsoring us. we have also sent more up to date details of bills etc to prove we are still together (36 years)!!! So in answer Yes we are in tier one, but had to wait for 2 years to get CO. Not sure how these threads etc work sorry (bit of technophobe)
Old Aug 11th 2013, 10:00 am
Just Joined

By the way thank you for your kind help I really appreciate it. Bev and anyone else who help.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Has ANYONE on this forum applied under the parent category please?? I have been through all of the threads and not found anyone who has applied under being sponsored by family over there. I am beginning to worry We have used New Life Global who have been great with us. It was expensive but worth it we feel. All things sent with application ie. Police checks, medical checks, bills etc with both names on Our daughter sent all her side, proof of earnings They run a massive family farm, ETC so do we fall into a different category to all of the others on here. We don't have job offers but been told OH will get job easily as engineering shortage over there. We were on old list July 2011 then the process changed and we were pushed to the side to allow EOI teir 1 in 1st. Then July we were given a case officer. She requested new doc's to prove still together (36 yrs) bills, statements from bank etc., IF ANYONE can shed a light I would appreciate it very, very much. Thanking you in anticipation:
Old Aug 11th 2013, 9:39 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wendyhinde
Has ANYONE on this forum applied under the parent category please?? . We don't have job offers but been told OH will get job easily as engineering shortage over there. We were on old list July 2011 then the process changed and we were pushed to the side to allow EOI teir 1 in 1st. Then July we were given a case officer. She requested new doc's to prove still together (36 yrs) bills, statements from bank etc., IF ANYONE can shed a light I would appreciate it very, very much. Thanking you in anticipation:

wendy_woo flying out this August has come over on a Tier 1 parent category, maybe read through her posts and/or send a personal message to her.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
wendy_woo flying out this August has come over on a Tier 1 parent category, maybe read through her posts and/or send a personal message to her.
Thank you very much have been in touch with wendy_woo and had a chat by email. Thanks for taking the time to reply to me.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Esme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really nice

Would love to keep track of how your application is going, our daughter has full residency next year and we were hoping to emigrate with her sponsorship. I tried sending a private message to wendy_woo but unfortunately I haven't posted enough times.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Esme61
Would love to keep track of how your application is going, our daughter has full residency next year and we were hoping to emigrate with her sponsorship. I tried sending a private message to wendy_woo but unfortunately I haven't posted enough times.
You would need to see what Tier you came under and go from there. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...oi/default.htm

You will be able to PM once you have posted 3 times.

Last edited by MrsFychan; Nov 22nd 2013 at 8:12 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Esme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really nice

We would qualify for Tier 1 with either sponsorship from our daughter and partner or with settlement funds, I was just thinking of the timescale from getting invited to apply to actually getting a yes/no (once you get the EOI forms accepted) Sponsorship would give us more time to sell up as I would prefer getting the visa before major commitment of selling up but then again we need to downsize anyway.

our daughter mentioned a colleague at work is applying for his parents visa in New Zealand and told her its easier but can't find anything about the child applying, but sometimes you go round in circles on the NZ immigration page

I trawl through the forum most weeks and dream of a future in NZ, but we are visiting this xmas and bringing my 83 year old father in law for 3 weeks, I think I may have difficulty walking past estate agents!
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 5:50 pm

Expressions of Interest can stay in the Pool for
an extended time, depending on the tier you
submit under:
• The tier one queue is estimated to be up to
18 months long.
• The tier two queue is estimated to be up to
seven years long.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1207.pdf

atm can't find info on ITA processing times

Last edited by MrsFychan; Nov 23rd 2013 at 6:20 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 4:05 pm

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi wendyhinde,

My Dad recently got his blue stickers in the passport
We were in the original parent category pool but transferred over to the Tier one pool when the rules changed. You have to complete an EOI for this to happen.

Sounds like you were lucky anyway, as you got a case officer from the original parent pool. To my understanding the timescales quoted are more to do with how long it may take to get selected from a pool (I could be wrong). Once we had a case officer things moved forward at a steady pace.

I actually called my Father's case officer, as his sponsor, and they were also happy to liaise with me directly about the application

We had a medical issue too but in all honesty the process did not take too long once selected. The delays for us were having to complete paperwork when the rules changed AGAIN, and sadly lost paperwork at the immigration end.

If you have been waiting for months for further communication I'd say give them a call (or your sponsor give them a call) and ask if there is anything you can do to assist further with the process.

That said, as in the skilled migrant route, case officers vary considerably in terms of how they like to operate so I can only cite this as our experience.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 4:12 pm

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

...oh and there was also an unexplained random request for a dementia test. Nowt to do with his medical results at all but we did it anyway and all was fine. Obviously age is a consideration here (we're talking early 70's).
Old Nov 27th 2013, 6:35 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Very, very helpful posts for others Tan0410. Especially given the 2 tier system is quite new.

Would you consider showing a timeline please.

i.e. date EOI. Date selected. Date approved.

Just for others looking in. People can find them helpful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.