British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Application for Temporary work visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/application-temporary-work-visa-761396/)

Trish M Jun 11th 2012 6:42 pm

Application for Temporary work visa

Is it possible to apply for a temporary work in person at NZ House in London and receive it on the same day?

ellenarosemary Jun 11th 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Application for Temporary work visa

As far as I know, yes, but it depends on the following: (according to our original case officer anyhow)
(1) As there is no appointment system in the London office, just a 'take your turn' type system, it will be determined by how busy they are and
(2) If they are not busy, if you can find an immigration officer willing to put themselves out.

So in theory yes, you should be able to, but I would get there as soon as the door opens to stand a chance and make sure you have ALL your paperwork.

Good luck.

Trish M Jun 11th 2012 8:38 pm

Great, thanks:D

BEVS Jun 11th 2012 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Trish M (Post 10113157)
Is it possible to apply for a temporary work in person at NZ House in London and receive it on the same day?

Way back in 2004 I took up our temp work visa applications. It's a queue system & you sit and wait your turn. The officer looked over the application and paperwork & then took it all away. We didn't get the visas on the same day but they did turn up about 10 days later.

Trish M Jun 12th 2012 6:31 am

Thanks BEVS. Its better than at least 5 weeks.

jjsebba Jun 12th 2012 9:04 am

Hi Trish M, there are a few of us on here that have submitted our work visas by post, AND booked flights for July.
I think their 25 days is usually a maximum waiting time. Well, that's what we're all hoping otherwise we're in trouble! I submitted ours on 31/5 and the fees came out on 7th so they've got to our paperwork already, but not sure how long it will still be to get the stickers in our passports and passports returned. Will keep you posted, but I wish I could've done the day trip to NZ house instead. Good luck!

Persephone Jun 12th 2012 10:39 am

Good luck jjsebba and Trish:thumbsup:
Got my :fingerscrossed: for you both!

BEVS Jun 12th 2012 11:48 pm

Aye. Good luck guys. :fingerscrossed:

Caz8NZ Jun 15th 2012 12:14 am

anythings possible!

before I came out to NZ on my WHV i decided to renew my passport. I didn't think about needing to transfer my visa from one passport to another - DOH!

I think 2 days before my flight I realised - called up NZ immigration - they said it could take weeks to process the transfer - or i could go to NZ House and try my luck. Luckily - my mum lives in the suburbs of London so off I popped on the train - turned up at NZ house, no queue, really nice immigration person and they did the transfer label on the spot for me! phew!