British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Application Process - timescale? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/application-process-timescale-781931/)

Mummy Sian Dec 30th 2012 4:10 pm

Application Process - timescale?

Hi all,

we're just in the process of completing the EOI forms, when should we start applying for jobs? Can you add the job offers to the EOI post submittion?

How long should it take from submitting to being accepted (assuming all being well)?

What percentage of tax is taken off your wages?

I need to start making a list of questions for all you experts. Many thanks in advance.

Happy New Year
Sian x

Synky Dec 30th 2012 4:46 pm

Re: Application Process - timescale?

I don't know the answers - I'm just starting out too!

However I have noticed some of the members put dates in their sigs which should give you a rough idea of timescales, if that helps.

RachelG12 Dec 30th 2012 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Mummy Sian (Post 10455785)
Hi all,

we're just in the process of completing the EOI forms, when should we start applying for jobs? Can you add the job offers to the EOI post submittion?

How long should it take from submitting to being accepted (assuming all being well)?

I need to start making a list of questions for all you experts. Many thanks in advance.

Happy New Year
Sian x

INZ select from the pool every 2 weeks, you then tend to hear in about 10-4 working days if you have been selected. It really depends on your points.
I am not sure about amending an EOI, I would suggest e-mailing INZ.

You can amend on your ITA should you be accepted. Not sure about % of Ax, but have been lead to believe that cheaper in UK.

Hope this helps a little, good luck

Rach x

chippy64 Dec 30th 2012 6:49 pm

Hi.

There is no tax free allowance, you pay tax on all of your earnings. See here for tax rates/bands

http://www.ird.govt.nz/how-to/taxrat...etaxrates.html

If you have received and submitted your ITA and then circumstances change (eg you receive a job offer) then you would need to notify them as it could make a difference to how fast they process your application and also affect their ultimate decision. :thumbsup:

ellenarosemary Dec 30th 2012 9:01 pm

The EOI pool is selected every two weeks (on a wednesday). I take it you dont have a job offer, this can be added after submission if and when you get one.

How many points do you have, do you have any additional points for LTSS as this will help you get selected earlier. Refer to the post on how the EOI's are selected, people over 140 or with job offers are always selected first, then depending on how many were selected, you may then get selected accordingly if your occupation is on the LTSS list.

Suggest you try and get a job as realistically without it you may struggle to get selected.

As Chippy says tax is on the whole of your earnings, but in % according to each amount over, not on the whole lot as in the UK. There is no NI in NZ.

Our process took 3 months from EOI to residency and that was with hold ups due to queries on my medical. Some people seem to breeze through and get the whole thing in a month, others take ages - its just luck of the draw and if there are queries etc.

Good luck

MrsFychan Dec 30th 2012 10:17 pm

You can amend the EOI if you get a job offer as that is what we did and then was selected on the next fortnightly pull. husband got a working visa in the mean time. took 2hrs at Wellington Immigration office (he was over in NZ at the time and didn't actually return to UK).
it took from submitting the ITA at the end of Oct 2011 til 14th February 2012 for us to get the visa in our passports.
Myself and the kids flew out to be with husband in January 2012, had to get return flights as visa had not been approved, and the school gave us 2wks ley way on the viewing the visa stamps in the passports so the kids started at the beginning of term at no additional cost apart from the "voluntary fee".

Hi all,

Happy New Year
Sian x

M_and_M Jan 1st 2013 7:23 pm

I started the whole process mid November. At the same time as I was filling in the EOI I sent CV's out. Before I got the EOI completed and sent off, I had a job offer on the table. I told them I had no arrival date, and had only just started the process. They said it didn't matter, and are holding the job open for me. EOI was selected within 2 weeks, and now I am waiting for the ITA, any day now I hope.

RobDon Jan 2nd 2013 5:33 am

Sian x

Hi there,
Our timeline is below, this was with a job offer. :thumbup:
It is a quicker process if you do have a job offer. :thumbsup:

Mummy Sian Jan 2nd 2013 6:11 pm

Many thanks for everyone who's replied to us. It's been really helpful. Cheers Sian :thumbsup:

Larryloo Jan 3rd 2013 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by M_and_M (Post 10458531)
I started the whole process mid November. At the same time as I was filling in the EOI I sent CV's out. Before I got the EOI completed and sent off, I had a job offer on the table. I told them I had no arrival date, and had only just started the process. They said it didn't matter, and are holding the job open for me. EOI was selected within 2 weeks, and now I am waiting for the ITA, any day now I hope.

Hi. My oh is currently completing the EOI and preparing his CV. Did you get your job through a videos interview or did you have to visit? What industry are you in? Whereabouts are you going to end up? My OH is a professional in the construction industry. We're hoping to settle in Christchurch. Hope your ITA arrives soon! :fingerscrossed:

M_and_M Jan 3rd 2013 8:34 pm

Hi there. I am a special needs teacher and I got the job via telephone interview. I am going where the job is, then will decide on a location after. The way i see it s a job is a visa is. Plane ticket which at least gets me there! Will be in Invercargill to start with. The trouble with my ITA may be the summer hold in NZ