Application Process....

Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

scottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nice
Default Application Process....

Hi,

I am about the complete my EOI ( Living in NZ at mo on work hol visa). My point indicate I will have around 145 points, so should be in the acceptance pool.

Once this is accepted and I submit everything for residency application, can you still be rejected? (Of course, if you say one thing in your EOI and then produce different info on your residency app, I would accept there to be issues)

My logic was the EOI was a way of telling immigration who you are and then they decide whether they want you and then residency app/process is a way of proving that/providing the information you have said in your EOI. (i.e Medical, Police, Job Offer etc.)

Hope that makes sense,

Cheers,

Scottish N
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:48 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Application Process....

Originally Posted by scottishnomad
Hi,

I am about the complete my EOI ( Living in NZ at mo on work hol visa). My point indicate I will have around 145 points, so should be in the acceptance pool.
Yup, that amount should have you selected.

Once this is accepted and I submit everything for residency application, can you still be rejected? (Of course, if you say one thing in your EOI and then produce different info on your residency app, I would accept there would be issues).
If your documents add up to what you claim you have a 97.4% chance on having a positive outcome.

My logic was the EOI was a way of telling immigration who you are and then they decide whether they want you and then residency app/process is a way of proving that/providing the information you have said in your EOI. (i.e Medical, Police, Job Offer etc.)

Hope that makes sense,

Cheers,

Scottish N
You have described in a nutshell the way it basically works. Follow the helpful checklist included with your ITA packet and you should be fine.

Good luck.