apologies if this is long!

Old Mar 30th 2021, 1:58 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold
Default apologies if this is long!

my kiwi wife wants to return to nz within 4 years,shes currently with me in uk,shes retired aged 66 and getting state pension. weve been married for 14 years.
i work full time and earn a good wage but i run a pub and ive been furloughed for a very long time. this has made us realise that we need to spend more time together and she wants to see her sisters in new zealand too;
my questions are these please
if i applied and got a partner visa how long does it last for? the government website says it takes 13 months to produce,so if i get it when does it expire?
in 4 years time i will be 60 years old,my state pension starts when im 67 plus i have a small private pension ; i would like to work in nz but unsure if my 40 odd years in catering and hospitality will stand me in good stead and would an employer even look at a 60 year old grey haired pom?
we would be bring @£220,000 cash from house sale etc and we would be looking to buy near her family in napier, what would be get for this or would it be better to rent?

ive thought about staying here until i retire as i earn £50,000 pa in uk but i work 6/7 days a week 70 plus hours.saving lots just so we can retire there without having to work but in 11 years time my wife will be 77 and she thinks this is too old too move to nz.
help!!!!
Old Mar 30th 2021, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: apologies if this is long!

Not in NZ, but I suppose every life situation is different and only you can do the math (pensions etc.). You can get a good idea of house prices here: https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/property...ale/hawkes-bay
It seems house prices have gone up a lot in recent years, so maybe renting makes more sense to start off https://www.nzherald.co.nz/hawkes-ba...CNQIIQICB5M3A/

Nobody can take away your 40 odd years in catering/hospitality, though if you will get a job is just guesswork (until you actually apply).
Old Mar 30th 2021, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by this charming man
my kiwi wife wants to return to nz within 4 years,shes currently with me in uk,shes retired aged 66 and getting state pension. weve been married for 14 years.
i work full time and earn a good wage but i run a pub and ive been furloughed for a very long time. this has made us realise that we need to spend more time together and she wants to see her sisters in new zealand too;
if i applied and got a partner visa how long does it last for? the government website says it takes 13 months to produce,so if i get it when does it expire?
in 4 years time i will be 60 years old,my state pension starts when im 67 plus i have a small private pension ; i would like to work in nz but unsure if my 40 odd years in catering and hospitality will stand me in good stead and would an employer even look at a 60 year old grey haired pom?
we would be bring @£220,000 cash from house sale etc and we would be looking to buy near her family in napier, what would be get for this or would it be better to rent?

ive thought about staying here until i retire as i earn £50,000 pa in uk but i work 6/7 days a week 70 plus hours.saving lots just so we can retire there without having to work but in 11 years time my wife will be 77 and she thinks this is too old too move to nz.
help!!!!
I don't think that Immigration are processing any visas at the moment.

Their website says 90% of Partner of a New Zealander visas are processed in 13 months https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...sa-application so maybe that is what has prompted the question? I am fairly sure my Partnership visa was issued within a few weeks of application but that was thirteen years ago and I had no issues arise during the process.

If I remember correctly the visa is not permanent and once issued remains valid for twelve months to use once to arrive in the country. On arrival in the country they give out a Residence Permit which is valid for two years. It is possible to later convert the Resident Permit to permanent (provided the person has stayed in the country the required number of days in those two years).

I have heard of people with the visa making a short visit to New Zealand just to activate the Residence Permit then returning later to live but remember the first permit does not last forever either and it won't be possible to use it to return to the country once it has expired.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 6:19 pm
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

appreciated, thanks
Old Mar 30th 2021, 6:19 pm
kopites are gobshites

many thanks.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 10:08 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

many thanks.
Just leaving a marker whilst I have a mull.
Old Mar 31st 2021, 1:14 am
kopites are gobshites

kintyre or igatawny?
Old Mar 31st 2021, 2:06 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

kintyre or igatawny?
Igatawny you that, I'd have to kill ya. There years its a bit ***kintyre...ing trying to get the brain to actually think at times
Old Apr 1st 2021, 1:36 am
kopites are gobshites

im all ears
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Well, nobody's perfect.
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 1:35 am
kopites are gobshites

care to expand?
Old Apr 6th 2021, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

im all ears
I'm all ears.Well, nobody's perfect.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

Sau84 is an unknown quantity at this point

help!!!!
I will comment on the visa part....

You can apply for the following visa: Partner of a New Zealander Resident Visa
immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/partnership-resident-visa

LENGTH OF STAY: Indefinitely

As partner of NZ citizen expatriate if you satisfy the conditions then they will grant you Permanent Resident Visa (also Indefinite) instead of Partner of Residence Visa automatically.
  • If your partner is a New Zealand citizen and the two of you have been living together outside of New Zealand for 5 years or more, you may be granted a permanent resident visa. Your partner will need to be either overseas when you apply, or have been back in New Zealand for less than 3 months.
NZ Immigration is currently accepting applications and you can apply online without visiting the NZ Embassy in London. In addition you will need e-medicals done as part of the application.
knightsbridge-doctors.com/immigration-medical-new-zealand

The current processing timelines are as follows:
immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/waiting-for-a-visa/how-long-it-takes-to-process-your-visa-application
50% of applications completed within: 6 months
75% of applications completed within: 9 months
90% of applications completed within: 13 months

Once the e-visa label has been issued there no requirement to enter the country within 12 months or so.

It better you apply now than later, as NZ might change the rules or make strict rules.. I have applied under the same category from UK recently as is in process....Good luck!
Old Apr 11th 2021, 1:08 am
kopites are gobshites

brilliant; many thanks
Old Apr 11th 2021, 1:12 am
kopites are gobshites

so if i get a visa whilst we are both in uk in 13 months time say, i can use it to enter nz anytime in the future? maybe 4 years after? we are thinking now of emigrating in 5 years time from now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.