Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Anyone offer advice, please - first thoughts

Anyone offer advice, please - first thoughts

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:43 am
Just Joined

LyndaW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone offer advice, please - first thoughts

Bevs - thank you for your reply. You obviously have loads of information on this subject. I have looked on many different websites found online & given to me on this post. I can't remember where I got stuck with regard to residence.

No, I don't have years of business experience & no, I am not loaded! As I said in a previous post, I am now 61 & have been retired for 11 years so I am not looking to go back to work or to form a business of any kind. I simply want to find somewhere else other than France to live the rest of my life in peace with my animals. From what I have read so far, I believe that NZ has a system that allows migration of people who have skills to offer the country & this is a good system but not one that is helpful to me! The only other way seems to be to buy your way in with investments as set out in your post. I don't have that kind of money, I am afraid, though I have enough to support myself & would not be looking for any kind of hand-outs. I imagine that NZ regards someone of my age with nothing to offer as a possible drain on resources such as the health service, & perhaps later on from a care point of view if this should become necessary. This I accept & understand.

Thanks again for all your help,

Lynda
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:51 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ok. That's fine. At 56 yrs of age myself, I am in your court for being a worthwhile contributory person, but do know that NZ doesn't need this age group without it having shedloads of $$$.

It's not me that has the info. It is the offical NZIS website. That is from where I have quoted.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Toon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LyndaW
I don't have that kind of money, I am afraid, though I have enough to support myself & would not be looking for any kind of hand-outs.
What would happen in a hypothetical scenario whereby if you went over, bought somewhere in the middle of nowhere, never fill in any forms of any sort and stay in hiding with your animals for the rest of your days?!

It's probably what half of the immigrants do who are coming into England!

Disclaimer;
(Toon Nut does not condone staying in any country past your visa/welcome/holiday date nor does he really exist, he's just a cyber space, key board gate-crashing robot with to much time on his RAM)
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 11:01 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Toon_Nut
What would happen in a hypothetical scenario whereby if you went over, bought somewhere in the middle of nowhere, never fill in any forms of any sort and stay in hiding with your animals for the rest of your days?!
I suspect complete and utter blissville.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Toon Nut - Knowing my luck I would be caught & chucked overboard within a very short space of time!!! But you are right, the laws in the UK are open to abuse & are thus abused - over & over & over again............ Going back to living in the middle of nowhere, surely you have to sign something to buy a property & I can't sneak my animals in under my jumper so there would be a well-established paper chain for someone to follow! Nice thought, though.

Guess I have to go back to the drawing board - unless anyone wants to adopt me & then I can say I have family in NZ???????
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Toon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LyndaW
unless anyone wants to adopt me & then I can say I have family in NZ???????
How much money did you say you had Aunt Lynda!!!????

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 11:50 am
Just Joined

There's always one!!! I don't remember saying how much money I have................ & am not about to reveal this on the Internet!! Too bad I hadn't thought more seriously about emigrating to NZ a few years ago as perhaps I would have had better luck, but 'he who hesitates is lost', so the saying goes.

Bye from Auntie Lynda!!