British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Anyone not been ITAd? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/anyone-not-been-itad-475363/)

zummerzet_lou Aug 20th 2007 9:04 am

Anyone not been ITAd?

Just starting to get fed up waiting ... and now the doubts are creeping in.

Our EOI was selected from the pool on the 18th July, we have since had a letter to say that it was forwarded to London branch for processing.

We are just starting to organise medicals, references etc in the hop ewe hear something soon, but am now thinking what if we don't get ITA?

Has this happened to anyone? and what were the reasons?

TIA,
Lou

P2L Aug 20th 2007 9:09 am

Re: Anyone not been ITAd?

Originally Posted by zummerzet_lou (Post 5210792)
Just starting to get fed up waiting ... and now the doubts are creeping in.

Our EOI was selected from the pool on the 18th July, we have since had a letter to say that it was forwarded to London branch for processing.

We are just starting to organise medicals, references etc in the hop ewe hear something soon, but am now thinking what if we don't get ITA?

Has this happened to anyone? and what were the reasons?

TIA,
Lou

Hi Lou & welcome to Expats :thumbup:

To advise you whether you need to bang on the door of New Zealand House or not, can you tell us a bit more about your application?

How many points do you have?
Do you have a job offer?
Are you in NZ or the UK?

All the above affect how quickly you are processed.

HTH
Sarah

zummerzet_lou Aug 20th 2007 9:57 am

thanks ...

In our EOI application we claimed 140 points, but sadly no job offer.

Have had a couple of half hearted attempts at job applications, but we don't want to be in NZ until January so is a bit too far off for most employers, and the few I've contacted wanted us to be further down the VISA application oath.

Lou

P2L Aug 20th 2007 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by zummerzet_lou (Post 5210949)
thanks ...

In our EOI application we claimed 140 points, but sadly no job offer.

Have had a couple of half hearted attempts at job applications, but we don't want to be in NZ until January so is a bit too far off for most employers, and the few I've contacted wanted us to be further down the VISA application oath.

Lou

Hi Lou

If you look at the post above yours on the tthread list from Colandros, I would say that the same applies to you.

What is your line of work? Maybe post a bit about yourselves in the introduction bit. There's lots of friendly people on here that can supply you with invaluable advice and information ;)

HTH
Sarah

BEVS Aug 21st 2007 12:06 am

Hi Lou and welcome to this NZ site.
As Sarah says, lots of friendly helpful people here to help and support.

When we were coming to New Zealand, which was three years ago now, my husband did gain a job offer first. The reason I am telling you that is because that NZ employer waited 5 months for my husband to start work in the end.
He also had other companies contacting him, who were prepared to wait.
He is a plumber.

Perhaps tell us all a bit about yourselves & what you do to earn a crust.

KIRSTIE Aug 21st 2007 2:20 pm

hi lou

we are in the same situation as you we had 140 points with no job offer, paul is an electrician, he has applied for loads of jobs but no one wants to know until we get there or are a just few weeks off, so he has not looked for a few weeks as i think it knocked him back abit, i was going to ring, to see if i could get any further information, i have also checked the web site and there is no messages on their either.

we would also like to be out in the new year if possible.

with regards

kirstie

spoonguy Aug 21st 2007 4:38 pm

Job offers get invites quite quickly, without a job offer my mate waited about 2 and a half months for his invitation. So its not unusual not to have anything as of yet.

From the web site

The Pool draw, which would potentially allocate your EOI to the London branch, takes place every two weeks.

Your Expression of Interest (EOI) will be assessed within three months of being selected from the pool. We will then contact you, either inviting you to apply for residence or requesting further information.

zummerzet_lou Aug 22nd 2007 6:16 am

Well yesterday I found the "perfect" job advertised by an agency so have sent my CV off. January 2008 is only 4 months away so figure that's not soo far away for companies to want to wait?

All the best Kirstie, I shall watch out for your posts as it sounds as though we are in the same boat. Hope you hear soon!

Lou

KIRSTIE Aug 22nd 2007 11:54 am

hi lou

we got our ITA today, we have been allocated a case officer and she asked me a few questions about pauls electrician qualifications and has told me that we wont need to go through NZQA as we have all the certificates which makes it a bit easier, we just need to finish renovating out house ready to go on the market.

i am sure that yours will arrive soon, patience is not one of my stong points, but i am now just going with the flow.

with regards

kirstie

zummerzet_lou Aug 22nd 2007 12:11 pm

Hey - congratulations ... :thumbsup:

Bet you've well chuffed, especially so soon after these posts.

All the best ... I'd better start being patien I guess - looks as though we have about a months wait still ahead of us.

Lou

Justcol Aug 25th 2007 7:55 pm

we were selected in the draw after you and we've heard nothing.
I'm just waiting till something comes through now, theres not a lot i can do but wait.
if we're not ITA'd this time we'll just try again in the future, it's not the end the world.