Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Anyone Had to Request a {Police Certificate From Cnada?

Anyone Had to Request a {Police Certificate From Cnada?

Old May 31st 2011, 11:24 am
Just Joined

KatherineR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone Had to Request a {Police Certificate From Cnada?

DH and I lived in Canada from 2004-2005 and need a Police Cert for our NZ immigration thingy.

It looks like the RCMP need fingerprints, but that could take ages and I don't think NZ immigration actually need afull f/print search.

Anyone had to do this?
Old May 31st 2011, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Anyone Had to Request a {Police Certificate From Cnada?

oh God, I'm so sorry about the spelling
Old May 31st 2011, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

gaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nice

Originally Posted by KatherineR
DH and I lived in Canada from 2004-2005 and need a Police Cert for our NZ immigration thingy.

It looks like the RCMP need fingerprints, but that could take ages and I don't think NZ immigration actually need afull f/print search.

Anyone had to do this?
Were you British forces over there? If so, there is a tick box on the UK Police Check form and they will search over the Forces network as well everywhere you have lived, therefor not needing the country one!!

If you weren't forces ......god knows!!

Good Luck
Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:16 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

IIRR from dealing with Candian students' visa applications, the RCMP do need fingerprints. You should be able to go down to your local cop shop in NZ and explain to them and get your prints taken, which you then send over to Canada. I think there might also be a letter/form that you can get from INZ to send to RCMP to confirm your need for the police certificate (though that may be for some other nationalities.... I dealt with so many ), have a look on the INZ webpage.

When you send your request to RCMP send it by courier or something secure so that you get evidence that you have sent it, then send a copy of that to INZ so that they can see that you are working on it. If they do bang on at you cos it's taking so long just remind them that you have applied for it and send them more copies of the receipt of sending.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:09 am
Just Joined

cheers guys.

We're actually applying from the UK for a NZ PR visa. We lived in Canada a few years back so NZ need proof that we were not criminals there!

Pah, off to the cop shop then.