British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   anyone get their medical done in cardiff? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/anyone-get-their-medical-done-cardiff-727136/)

rachmac Aug 2nd 2011 8:47 am

anyone get their medical done in cardiff?

I've got mine booked for tomorrow, but am getting a bit confused. The doctor has told me I dont need to fast for the bloods, but the other practice I was going to go to had said that I do need to fast.

Am a bit confused as this place seems to be very different from other places I've called. I guess I'm just after a bit of reassurance before I part with my hard earned cash! :)

Luckybird Aug 2nd 2011 10:39 am

Re: anyone get their medical done in cardiff?

Hi Rachmac, the only thing I can say is that we were told that it was imperative that we fasted from 10.00pm the evening before and our appointments for the blood tests were at 9.00am the next day. The GP even made a big fuss about ensuring that the kids ate as soon as possible after the test as they must be ravenous after fasting!! :D
This was about 10 months ago and we went to a place in Selly Oak which was recommended on the NZ website (sorry can't remember the name of the surgery :( ) sorry I cannot give any more advice than that - good luck :fingerscrossed:

rachmac Aug 2nd 2011 11:06 am

Thanks Luckybird. I was hoping to go to the one in Selly Oak, but they couldnt fit me in til the end of August (supposed to be in NZ by end of September so it was leaving it a bit late).

My exam isnt until 5:30pm, so not looking forward to fasting from the night before. I think I'll have something light about 7am, and that'll still leave over 10 hours til the blood tests. I'm not sure how safe it would be to be driving that far, that hungry. I'd be distracted by every burger van, service station, KFC etc along the way!

Luckybird Aug 3rd 2011 2:25 am

Originally Posted by rachmac (Post 9532804)
My exam isnt until 5:30pm, so not looking forward to fasting from the night before. I think I'll have something light about 7am, and that'll still leave over 10 hours til the blood tests. I'm not sure how safe it would be to be driving that far, that hungry. I'd be distracted by every burger van, service station, KFC etc along the way!

:rofl: Good luck :fingerscrossed:

rachmac Aug 3rd 2011 9:29 am

Thanks.
I'm starving already !

:o

Luckybird Aug 3rd 2011 9:34 am

Originally Posted by rachmac (Post 9534845)
Thanks.
I'm starving already !

:o

:D :fingerscrossed: