Anyone else in the same position?

Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:41 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone else in the same position?

I was selected from the SMC pool on 5th December and have still not heard anything from NZIS, it's now nearly 4 months. I haven't got a job offer so expected a wait but the website does say I should hear within 3 months.

So, I went into NZ House to find out what was happening only to be told that whoever had been allocated my case had gone on holiday and they couldn't give me any idea of when the ITA may or may not arrive!

Just wondering if anyone else getting tired of waiting
Thing is I have plans that rely on the ITA coming through fairly soon . Starting to get a bit stressed now
Sue
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone else in the same position?

Originally Posted by Sue R
I was selected from the SMC pool on 5th December and have still not heard anything from NZIS, it's now nearly 4 months. I haven't got a job offer so expected a wait but the website does say I should hear within 3 months.

So, I went into NZ House to find out what was happening only to be told that whoever had been allocated my case had gone on holiday and they couldn't give me any idea of when the ITA may or may not arrive!

Just wondering if anyone else getting tired of waiting
Thing is I have plans that rely on the ITA coming through fairly soon . Starting to get a bit stressed now
Sue
Sue, sorry cant help you with any advice, but you have been waiting for ages!! We like you were selected- no job offer on Feb 14th, and I am just starting to get a bit impatient I want to put house on market, book medicals, god knows how you must be! I will keep my fingers crossed for you, perhaps mine may be in that same pile.
Good luck.
Chris
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:13 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Chris, hoping we'll both hear very very soon

It's such a rollercoaster this immigration business, the excitement of getting selected,then a lull when I realised I had a long wait, then getting excited again as getting near the 3 month mark, now down again as no idea how long it might take

Time for a glass of wine and an attempt at relaxing!
All the best and hoping it all goes well for you [ and I do wish it all happens quicker than it has for me!]

Sue
Old Mar 28th 2008, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue R
Thanks for that Chris, hoping we'll both hear very very soon

It's such a rollercoaster this immigration business, the excitement of getting selected,then a lull when I realised I had a long wait, then getting excited again as getting near the 3 month mark, now down again as no idea how long it might take

Time for a glass of wine and an attempt at relaxing!
All the best and hoping it all goes well for you [ and I do wish it all happens quicker than it has for me!]

Sue
Hi peeps, I reckon we were lucky with ours, 6 month from initial EOI to actual visa issue, but I do think having a job is the fasted route to getting the visa quicker, dont get me wrong we had our stresses........... didnt actuall get the visas till the day before we were due to fly out and we had to go to london to collect them and that was on a friday flying on the monday !!!!!!!!!!