British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   anyboby waiting 2? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/anyboby-waiting-2-a-525840/)

kgreen07 Mar 31st 2008 6:32 pm

anyboby waiting 2?

just wondering if anyone else is waiting to hear from immigration. I have job offer and immigration recieved it 2 weeks ago (I submitted ITA in Jan). I have not heard from a case officer but have had an e-mail confirming recipt of offer. Just wondering how long I should expect to wait to find out if its a YES or not!! Am prob eing impatient but JUST WANT TO KNOW!!!!!
Any views much appreciated!!
katherine:confused::confused:

alanmacc Mar 31st 2008 9:03 pm

Re: anyboby waiting 2?

Originally Posted by kgreen07 (Post 6138126)
just wondering if anyone else is waiting to hear from immigration. I have job offer and immigration recieved it 2 weeks ago (I submitted ITA in Jan). I have not heard from a case officer but have had an e-mail confirming recipt of offer. Just wondering how long I should expect to wait to find out if its a YES or not!! Am prob eing impatient but JUST WANT TO KNOW!!!!!

Hi Katherine

We were in the same position, if you can mamage to get an e mail address for your officer, drop them a line to remind them, if you dont have an e mail you might be able to get a phone number and not the expensive one to call. I used to have the e mail address of our case officer, I will have a dig and see if I can come up with antthing for you

Kags1694 Apr 1st 2008 4:54 am

Originally Posted by kgreen07 (Post 6138126)

Hi Katherine,
We sent our ITA at the start of March, we have just got back from a recci in New Zealand. My oh had a couple of interviews while we were there.
He got a job offer this morning. What is the procedure in sending job offer details in.

Regards
Karen

kgreen07 Apr 1st 2008 8:04 am

Thanks for replys will try and get an e-mail address for case officer see whats happening! How long have you been waiting?
When submitting your job offeThe fax number is 00449730370 - marked 'urgent offer of skilled employment'. You can also e-mail a copy if this is easier, also marked 'urent offer of skilled employment' to [email protected].
hope this is useful!
Good luck to all, keep me posted!

kgreen07 Apr 1st 2008 8:07 am

Doh just re-read thread and have seen you WERE in the same position and you are not waiting! Is Christchurch all you expected it to be? Any regrets?

zummerzet_lou Apr 3rd 2008 10:55 am

Originally Posted by kgreen07 (Post 6141013)
Doh just re-read thread and have seen you WERE in the same position and you are not waiting! Is Christchurch all you expected it to be? Any regrets?

Yep - we're waiting too.

NZIS told us we'de been assigned a case officer last month, but to date have had no contact from him/her and are still as much in the dark.

We have no job offer, and according to their website should have a final decision within 3 months of our case officer being allocated! Does this mean we really only have another 2 months left of this waiting?? I think probably not.

Lou

kgreen07 Apr 3rd 2008 1:58 pm

total nightmare.its the not knowing and the lack of contact that is the pain. I am going to give it another week then start trying to get some answers!! Its reassuring that others are in same position but it really is a pain, your whole life (and your familys) hangs in the balance! Just want a YES or no then can get on with things!!
Good luck!