Another medical question for you all

Old Nov 14th 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire- soon to be New Plymouth (December 2008)
jill stanton has a brilliant futurejill stanton has a brilliant futurejill stanton has a brilliant futurejill stanton has a brilliant futurejill stanton has a brilliant futurejill stanton has a brilliant futurejill stanton has a brilliant future
Default Another medical question for you all

My OH has had several blood pressure which were on the high side. He subsequently had to have a fasting blood test,which came back normal. Then he had another blood pressure check which was better but still high. So he had to have another barage of tests, ECG (which showed an Abnomality) but the doctor said it was ok, then two futher blood tests which were normal and a 24hr pee test, which has finally come back as normal.

My question is: Could our application be declined even though all of the tests have now come back normal?

Please can someone put my mind at rest.

thanks

Jill
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another medical question for you all

Hi Jill,

Anything can happen - think it depends on who you get and if they are feeling happy that day!

My OH had high blood pressure and Medical Assessor requested further info from GP. Our GP sent a letter which said that my OH had been to him with high blood pressure, they had done some tests, which my darling OH never went back for results and no further questions were asked!

So, basically, who knows!

Best of luck, anyhow - hope it all goes well.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

hegs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another medical question for you all

Originally Posted by jill stanton
My OH has had several blood pressure which were on the high side. He subsequently had to have a fasting blood test,which came back normal. Then he had another blood pressure check which was better but still high. So he had to have another barage of tests, ECG (which showed an Abnomality) but the doctor said it was ok, then two futher blood tests which were normal and a 24hr pee test, which has finally come back as normal.

My question is: Could our application be declined even though all of the tests have now come back normal?

Please can someone put my mind at rest.

thanks

Jill
There are lots of factors taken into account with regard to the Medical - BP being only one of them. Sometimes depends on what is being done to control the blood pressure and if it is actually under control. The Medicals are much stricter now for New Zealand and this is understandable.