Am I understanding this correctly?

Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Cheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really nice
Default Am I understanding this correctly?

Just filling in my online EOI at the moment and my husband is a fully qualified and experienced joiner and also a fully qualified and experienced architect. Does this mean that he can claim points for both of these? If this is the case then we actually get over 140 points without any job offers.
Just seems a bit too good to be true.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

custard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant future
Default Re: Am I understanding this correctly?

Hi, I am also a qualified and experienced joiner, but work as a project Manager and have a BSc (hons) degree.
You can only claim for one so I claimed for the joinery, had the qualifications assessed by NZIS and applied with no job offer.

I have just been awarded Permanent Residency.

Although, during the phone interview for residency they did ask if I had further qualifications.
I think you should claim for whichever gives you the extra points, but also list the extra qualifications and experience which you have aquired since, as once I had explained they seemed to be very positive.

hope this may be encouraging
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Cheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really nice

So you got PR without a job offer? The migration agency we are currently talking to reckons we haven't got a hope without a job offer. While I am sceptical about this claim (he is obviously going to say that as they also offer job finding services!), it is something that niggles. Our EOI points are about 120 so we don't get automatically selected.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by cheesehead
Just filling in my online EOI at the moment and my husband is a fully qualified and experienced joiner and also a fully qualified and experienced architect.
Originally Posted by Cheesehead
So you got PR without a job offer? The migration agency we are currently talking to reckons we haven't got a hope without a job offer. While I am sceptical about this claim (he is obviously going to say that as they also offer job finding services!), it is something that niggles. Our EOI points are about 120 so we don't get automatically selected.
What a load of toss. Of course you stand a good chance of being selected at 120 points.

140 is obviously better as it is an automatic selection but 120 is perfectly possible. For the applications without a job offer the waiting time can be somewhat lengthy as the applications with job offers have preferential treatment. Makes sense , as NZ employers need skilled employees.

Joiners and carpenters are on the long term shortage list and your husband would have no trouble finding work anywhere in New Zealand .

Architects are on the Immediate Shortage list so not as much needed here in NZ . They still make the shortages lists though.

Bin the migration agent for telling you porkies. Bung in the EOI which is valid for 6 months I think and start actively looking for a job offer.

New Zealand Institute of Architects. - click the link
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

custard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant future

Hi,

Forget the agency,

I had meetings in NZ with 5 of the major construction companies and all of them are seriously concerned with the shortage of joiners in NZ. They are all expecting a major shortage in 2008.
Claim the points for joinery, don,t apply for a job in joinery, NZIS are not concerned if you have other qualifications, they only ask if you have alternative plans for employment, (joinery)
I claimed points for joinery, explained that I was applying for a job in Project Management, no problem.
Now I have PR I will apply for jobs in my chosen area and with reputable employers, who will appreciate that I am not accepting a job in order to gain PR.
If you have the qualifications you need to get them certified, this was quick with City & Guilds, be Honest and the PR process is quicker than they quote.

Hpoe this helps.