Am I screwed (residency)?

Old Jan 21st 2016, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

arthurfowler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Am I screwed (residency)?

My temp work visa (based on partnership) expires at the end of March and have just submitted an application for residency.

However looking at the processing guidelines it says being allocated to a case worker takes anywhere between 6 and 9 months!

I had no idea and I should have been more aware. From my previous application for temp work visa based on partnership granted within weeks, I thought it wouldn't be longer than 2 months.

Is there a possibility I will have to leave the country?

I'm really panicked about this now

Sorry I've posted this in the wrong forum

Last edited by arthurfowler; Jan 21st 2016 at 6:51 pm. Reason: Wrong forum
Old Jan 21st 2016, 7:17 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I screwed (residency)?

Originally Posted by arthurfowler
sorted.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 7:18 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I personally would call immigration or pop into your local branch, explain the situation and see what they say.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

My temp work visa (based on partnership) expires at the end of March and have just submitted an application for residency.

However looking at the processing guidelines it says being allocated to a case worker takes anywhere between 6 and 9 months!

I had no idea and I should have been more aware. From my previous application for temp work visa based on partnership granted within weeks, I thought it wouldn't be longer than 2 months.

Is there a possibility I will have to leave the country?

I'm really panicked about this now

Assuming your job is still secure and you are still in partnership you could apply for an extension to the current temporary work visa or failing that (if that isnt available) apply for another temporary work visa to start when the current one expires.
As you know you always need a valid visa to remain in NZ so you just need to cover yourself until the resident visa is approved.
As previously you need to contact your nearest Immigration office to explain.

Last edited by escapedtonz; Jan 21st 2016 at 10:37 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 6:13 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

I think Tom H had the same problem a while back - could be worth dropping him a PM.
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

arthurfowler is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies. I had a chat to Immigration and they advised exactly that. I need to apply for both at the same time.

The temp work visa has shot up in price to $413 too and there is no discount (as there previously was) for a previous application.

Does anyone know if photocopied letters are ok as evidence of living together (if the originals are in the residence application)?
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies. I had a chat to Immigration and they advised exactly that. I need to apply for both at the same time.

The temp work visa has shot up in price to $413 too and there is no discount (as there previously was) for a previous application.

Does anyone know if photocopied letters are ok as evidence of living together (if the originals are in the residence application)?
Think they can be photocopies but they would have to be certified copies. A JP in your local community centre will do the stamp & signature for free and of course you'll have to give him the original to check against the copy. There is usually a JP hanging around for a few hours once or twice a week. They cannot accept a payment for the service as it is considered part of their duties to the community
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 8:19 pm

I again would call Immigration and explain that the originals are in the residence application so you are unable to provide them. They should have the evidence from you previous application and or could possibly cross reference with the residency. See what they say