Am I Qualified for EOI...

Old Jan 26th 2013, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

obi1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Am I Qualified for EOI...

Please Confirm as Below my Calculation is Accurate.

I am a Software Quality Control Engineer having 2 Year Experience.

30 points: 20-29 years
10 points: work in an identified future growth area
10 points: work in an area of absolute skills shortage
10 points: 2 to 5 years experience
10 points: 2 to 5 years
50 points: recognised level 7 or 8 qualification (e.g. bachelor degree, bachelor degree with honours)

Could you please tell if I fail to get selection is the Application fee is refundable or not??
Old Jan 26th 2013, 7:42 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I Qualified for EOI...

I make that 120 points without a job offer. so you could go apply for EOI, payment is non refundable. If you would get selected is another matter. You would have to look back at past selections and see if 120 with your layout of points have been selected to establish if its worth the risk.

You could start to look for work and up the points with a job offer.
Old Jan 27th 2013, 6:36 am
Just Joined

I will try for Job Offer.I failed to get it then Hopefully I will Take the Risk
Old Jan 29th 2013, 11:34 am
Just Joined

eyadinuae is an unknown quantity at this point

You can not claim points in future growth area unless you have an offer , 120 points this year is difficult but not impossible , in Jan 2013 , it is this first time that :
1- Not select the people with job offers !! and that is happen in fortnight selection of 9-1-2013 .. !! and I think it is the first time INZ do that ?
2- it is the first time that one month not select the people who have skills with absolute skills shortage list .. !!
You can see it in fortnightly selections of 23-1-2013 full details and comparing with same time of the last year , I think a lot of people become interested with NZ and getting 140 points not a difficult thing , INZ must accept people with job offers rather than the 140 point holder right ??
Old Jan 29th 2013, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

As you told that I can not get points belongs to future Growth Area because I dont have a Job Offer.So It would be more Difficult for Selection with 100 Points.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 7:08 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eyadinuae View Post
You can not claim points in future growth area unless you have an offer , 120 points this year is difficult but not impossible , in Jan 2013 , it is this first time that :
1- Not select the people with job offers !! and that is happen in fortnight selection of 9-1-2013 .. !! and I think it is the first time INZ do that ?
2- it is the first time that one month not select the people who have skills with absolute skills shortage list .. !!
??
The recent selections have included those with 15 points for work experience in an area of skills shortage and not 10 as Obi has. As for your point 1, this is because there is a break over Christmas so the EOIs build up which means that the number of EOIs in each category is larger. It sorts itself out over the following draws.
As for point 2, that happens and is partly due to the Xmas break but it can happen that no one in that category gets picked out for months. All depends on who and how many are applying.
Originally Posted by obi1987 View Post
As you told that I can not get points belongs to future Growth Area because I dont have a Job Offer.So It would be more Difficult for Selection with 100 Points.
Yes, you need to get a job offer to have a chance of being selected. Just having 100pts and being able to apply does not guarantee anything. Have a look through the past years draws and see how often your total was drawn out.