Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Am I eligible for the New Zealand Immigration

Am I eligible for the New Zealand Immigration

Old May 6th 2010, 8:19 am
Banned

plucky23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Am I eligible for the New Zealand Immigration

Hello

I am Senior Software Engineer having experience of 6 years. Full time 40 hours/week

Education Profile
MSCS (Master in Computer Science) full time evening. 30 credit hours 2005-2008
BSCS(Hons.) (Bachelor in Computer Science) full time morning 143 credit hours 2000-2004

I am willing to apply for immigration in "Skilled Migrant Category".

Am I eligible for the immigration and Can anyone tell me how much time (normal) will it take to complete the process?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 6th 2010, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I eligible for the New Zealand Immigration

Go to the immigration website, there is a points checker which will give you an indication.

Processing times vary, each application is different.
Old May 9th 2010, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

chrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by plucky23
Hello

I am Senior Software Engineer having experience of 6 years. Full time 40 hours/week

Education Profile
MSCS (Master in Computer Science) full time evening. 30 credit hours 2005-2008
BSCS(Hons.) (Bachelor in Computer Science) full time morning 143 credit hours 2000-2004

I am willing to apply for immigration in "Skilled Migrant Category".

Am I eligible for the immigration and Can anyone tell me how much time (normal) will it take to complete the process?

Thanks in advance.
As you are only 26, why don't you just apply for a Working Holiday Visa. Once out there with a job, then you can look at applying for residency.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...orkingholiday/
Old May 9th 2010, 9:18 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

No idea.

Try the NZIS immigration website for timeline information relevevant to your country & for the qualification eligibility of the country you gained your quals in..
Old May 10th 2010, 7:56 am
Banned

plucky23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrisjb
As you are only 26, why don't you just apply for a Working Holiday Visa. Once out there with a job, then you can look at applying for residency.

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. I will also explore "Working Holidays Visa" and once again thanks for sending me the link.

Cheers

Originally Posted by BEVS
No idea.

Try the NZIS immigration website for timeline information relevevant to your country & for the qualification eligibility of the country you gained your quals in..
Thanks I also explored the immigration website. I think I need to first the EOI after calculating my point then I need to explore further but it is bit confusing. According to my education it is acceptable by HEC in Pakistan and hopefully acceptable in New Zealand also.

Cheers

Originally Posted by BEVS
No idea.

Thanks

Originally Posted by chrisjb

I have visited the immigration website for working holiday visa... But there is no scheme for Pakistani...

Last edited by BEVS; May 11th 2010 at 11:36 pm. Reason: merge