All in One - Medicals

Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

grahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nice
Default All in One - Medicals

Hi All,
I've just called a medical centre in lovely Tees area. They told us that we would have the xray tomorrow and then go back another day to complete the pee, and blood tests. All in different buildings too!

In NZ we had a medical and it lasted a few hours but all in one building. Half a day off work, only!

Do different centres have different facilities, and some offer all in one?

thanks
Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future
Default Re: All in One - Medicals

Originally Posted by grahamwookie
Hi All,
I've just called a medical centre in lovely Tees area. They told us that we would have the xray tomorrow and then go back another day to complete the pee, and blood tests. All in different buildings too!

In NZ we had a medical and it lasted a few hours but all in one building. Half a day off work, only!

Do different centres have different facilities, and some offer all in one?

thanks
Don't know about the UK but in France we had the x-rays, medicals and blood tests all in different but very closely located establishments on the same day - in Bordeaux. From what I have read about the costs in the UK for the meds, I think that in France they cost about 1/3 less quite apart from the € exchange rate.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

hiya

we had our x-rays done last week and our medicals this morning. I think the reason for this is that x-rays tend to be done in hospitals where as the medicals are normally just office like buildings or were in our case

caz
Old Sep 30th 2008, 7:26 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

we're just over the border in cumbria... xrays next week at the infirmary... said we can wait if they're not flat out busy and we can take them with us then, or we can call back the next day... could have had meds the same/next day at the surgery a mile away, but we've arranged at our convenience for end of month...

i gather some establishments (p'raps in london and glasgow?) have everything under one roof - dedicated immigration medical places maybe rather than a gp that does it as a sideline?

Last edited by Stoof; Sep 30th 2008 at 7:28 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

We had our medicals and then went down the road to the private hospital to have our x-rays, all done in a couple of hours, that was Dr Chapman near Heathrow (and he was cheap).
Old Oct 5th 2008, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by teebrown
We had our medicals and then went down the road to the private hospital to have our x-rays, all done in a couple of hours, that was Dr Chapman near Heathrow (and he was cheap).
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost & did it include all the blood tests etc?

Just getting quotes for ours, & was only looking at IOW, Southampton, Chichester but popping up to London may be more cost effective - could tie it in with visit to family.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

we were 160 for both our x-rays and for medicals we were 250 each and 70 for 2 year old plus 10 for postage

hope this helps
caz
Old Oct 5th 2008, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sjake
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost & did it include all the blood tests etc?

Just getting quotes for ours, & was only looking at IOW, Southampton, Chichester but popping up to London may be more cost effective - could tie it in with visit to family.
£660 for everything and collated and sent back 7 days later, we thought this was really good and we got an appointment when we wanted it.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

I ment to say that was for 2 adults and 2 kids (no x-rays for the kids) - and thy let me measure my own waist!!!!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

MintyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

We had ours done in Manchester (Dr Million and Dr Smith) all in the same building - it was really quick and the staff where great.

Cost £326 each for x-rays, blood tests and medicals.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

We've just booked ours for the 21st Oct. We booked the medicals for 1230, then rang the hospital for the x-rays & they booked us in at 11am, same day & only a couple of miles up the road!

This is at Sheffield.

The x-rays are gonna be £75 each.
The medicals are £60 each per child & £120 each per adult.
Any extra blood tests are between £55-86 each (depending which they are!)
So should be <£600 for all 4 of us

I thought that was pretty reasonable! Especially as I was quoted £407 each (£90 for the kids) if we had them done at Nottingham! That would have been just short of £1000!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

I've just been quoted £703 all in for 2 adults one child under 5 in Manchester same place as MintyNZ. How soon did you get yours back MintyNZ?
Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:24 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

x-rays £40 each
medicals £90 each adult, £70 child
blood tests £110 each

so £550 for 2 adults and 1 child in carlisle... xrays at hosp (an hour turnaround and it was busy) then meds at the health centre a mile away (haven't done that bit yet, we arranged to suit us for nxt week) but it could have been the same day
Old Oct 14th 2008, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

MintyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

We got the medicals back in 9 working days and we've both checked out ok.

We've got all the documents we need now, so I'm over the moon.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

grahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nice

WOW, what a reply, and what a difference between prices. We've now had the x-rays done and they were £75 each, well my wife is pregnant so it was one person cheaper ;-)

The prices we were quoted at a recommended medical centre Nth Ormesby Health village, Middlesbrough, were:

Adult medical: £150.00
Admission: £30.00

and then the compulsory blood tests...

VDRL (Syphillis): £20.50
FBC: £6.20
HIV: £20.50
Hepatitis B: £20.50
Serum creatinine: £31.50
Liver Function Test: £14.50

Possible further test:

Fasting blood suger: £4.50
Fasting Lipids: £17.50
HbA1C: £8.00
Stool (culture) £12.00
Stool (parasite): £12.00

Etc etc...

Altogether for two people A total of: £837.40 if we need all the compulsory tests.

I think I'm going to call around for better prices.

Thanks again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.