Affidavit agreement statement from ex's?

Old Jan 13th 2009, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

lizzie123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Affidavit agreement statement from ex's?

I am really struggling with this one;

Does anybody know what the statement needs to say in order to be acceptable to immigration?

I have two children with my ex but am remarried now - we are almost at the point of agreement of me taking them out for 6 months and then them staying with him in the UK for 6 months.

We don't want to use a solicitor as they are so vague up until the point where you realise you could have done it all yourself in half the time for a fraction of the price!

Our situation should be fairly straightforward but I am not sure what needs to be covered in the agreement and how to get it legal.

The other thing is that we are applying under a residence visa so doing it this way does that mean I have to leave them off the application form and just take them on a holiday visa?

Any help much appreciated
Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Affidavit agreement statement from ex's?

Originally Posted by lizzie123

Does anybody know what the statement needs to say in order to be acceptable to immigration?

I have two children with my ex but am remarried now - we are almost at the point of agreement of me taking them out for 6 months and then them staying with him in the UK for 6 months.

We don't want to use a solicitor as they are so vague up until the point where you realise you could have done it all yourself in half the time for a fraction of the price!

Our situation should be fairly straightforward but I am not sure what needs to be covered in the agreement and how to get it legal.

The other thing is that we are applying under a residence visa so doing it this way does that mean I have to leave them off the application form and just take them on a holiday visa?

do a search on "step children" or similar phrases. THere are a number of people on the forum in a similar position but i dont know the details, if you do a search you hopefully should get pointed in the right direction..
Old Jan 16th 2009, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit agreement statement from ex's?

Originally Posted by lizzie123

Hi Lizzie, only just saw your post. Personally I would ask a solicitor. You can often get a first half hour free, worth asking. Also look for a Family Law solicitor. If you get it wrong it could be an expensive mistake. As advised above search on the Step-children thread. I have a more involved case and have my first appointment at Court on Monday - deep joy. So I'm nowhere near the point of agreement.
You'll also notice that even cases that look like they're going to be easy sometimes faulter.
Best of luck and if I can be of more help just holler