British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Affidavit agreement statement from ex's? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/affidavit-agreement-statement-exs-583988/)

lizzie123 Jan 13th 2009 3:42 pm

Affidavit agreement statement from ex's?

I am really struggling with this one;

Does anybody know what the statement needs to say in order to be acceptable to immigration?

I have two children with my ex but am remarried now - we are almost at the point of agreement of me taking them out for 6 months and then them staying with him in the UK for 6 months.

We don't want to use a solicitor as they are so vague up until the point where you realise you could have done it all yourself in half the time for a fraction of the price!

Our situation should be fairly straightforward but I am not sure what needs to be covered in the agreement and how to get it legal.

The other thing is that we are applying under a residence visa so doing it this way does that mean I have to leave them off the application form and just take them on a holiday visa?

Any help much appreciated :confused:

newkiwi Jan 14th 2009 7:54 pm

Re: Affidavit agreement statement from ex's?

Originally Posted by lizzie123 (Post 7162432)

Does anybody know what the statement needs to say in order to be acceptable to immigration?

I have two children with my ex but am remarried now - we are almost at the point of agreement of me taking them out for 6 months and then them staying with him in the UK for 6 months.

We don't want to use a solicitor as they are so vague up until the point where you realise you could have done it all yourself in half the time for a fraction of the price!

Our situation should be fairly straightforward but I am not sure what needs to be covered in the agreement and how to get it legal.

The other thing is that we are applying under a residence visa so doing it this way does that mean I have to leave them off the application form and just take them on a holiday visa?

do a search on "step children" or similar phrases. THere are a number of people on the forum in a similar position but i dont know the details, if you do a search you hopefully should get pointed in the right direction..

j19fmm Jan 16th 2009 9:21 am

Re: Affidavit agreement statement from ex's?

Originally Posted by lizzie123 (Post 7162432)

Hi Lizzie, only just saw your post. Personally I would ask a solicitor. You can often get a first half hour free, worth asking. Also look for a Family Law solicitor. If you get it wrong it could be an expensive mistake. As advised above search on the Step-children thread. I have a more involved case and have my first appointment at Court on Monday - deep joy. So I'm nowhere near the point of agreement.
You'll also notice that even cases that look like they're going to be easy sometimes faulter.:o
Best of luck and if I can be of more help just holler :thumbup: