advice with a whv

Old Jun 8th 2014, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Hirst4187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post advice with a whv

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help/advise me

I am wanting to apply for a WHV for NZ

am I likely to be granted a WHV as I was issued a caution for having a class B drug in 2011

and I was also cautioned about 18 months ago for assault prior to this I have not been in trouble with the police also I am a ex serving solider will this help me prove I am of good character.

any help would be much appreciated thanks.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 6:55 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice with a whv

firstly welcome to BE

ok so you have a caution for drug use and for assault and you think because you are an ex serving soldier that will prove you are of good character ? can you see a flaw to this statement??

as for will it affect your chances of a visa I believe it will depend on the individual case. No one on here will be able to give you a definitive answer, but I do believe cautions are not looked on as badly as convictions. it will be a case of suck it and see.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Yea I see your point.

I suppose all I can do I apply for the visa and wait to see what the out come is.

I just wondered what people outcome were that have applied for a WHV with cautions Thanks
Old Jun 8th 2014, 7:55 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

there was a previous post some while back. but not sure what visa they were applying under. think as its a caution its better than a conviction so I think you still stand a good chance.
this thread was for a different visa and no outcome has been supplied but BEVS gives some good information

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=caution
Old Jun 8th 2014, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Ok and thanks for you help