Advice on Visa and times

Old Mar 3rd 2012, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Philzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nice
Arrow Advice on Visa and times

Hi BE's

My family and i are seriously thinking of relocating to Auckland area in New Zealand. I will apologise now if this thread is already out there but, we will be relocating to to myself receiving a job offer. I believe I will want a Work to residence visa and my (potential) employer will also fill a section out too. What visas would I fill out for my family? My wife and (baby) daughter, I assume it would be one to join family out in NZ. More importantly, in peoples experience, how long is it taking for Visas to come through?

Thanks in advance,

Phil.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 4:02 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on Visa and times

If you have a job offer in hand then you can go for PR straight away. just submit your EOI with job offer, (I think as long as it is on the LTSS?) include your family details and fill out the ITA accordingly when it arrives.
Someone with a better understand may be along in a while to clarify that.

Time limits are dependent on how much information they require after you have submitted your documents, best advise is give as much documentation as you can in initial submission. word to the wise a marriage certificate is not good enough to show a relationship between yourself and your wife, you will need to submit joint bills, joint invitations etc. we submitted holiday pictures with airline ticket details, wedding invites, joint bills etc.. The results of the police checks and medicals can also hold things up., both mine and my daughters were sent for further investigation and took 3/4weeks to come back. Whilst these are off nothing goes forward with your application until they return with "ok to proceed" from what we can work out.
We submitted our ITA end of October 2011 and got blue stickers in our passports 14/02/12. But another person on here submitted late January and has already been approved.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Philzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nice

Thanks for that info MrsFychan, that's really helpful. Not familiar with the PR acronym but I'll look that one up. Had read about the medical and police report side of things though.

Thanks again.
Phil
Old Mar 4th 2012, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold

PR is permanent residence.

hope it helps!

Anna
Old Mar 4th 2012, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Anna, yeh I did do a search and had a look. Just spoke to a colleague in NZ though and he says going for PR will take much longer than the work to residence visa - so I'll probably stick with that one..

Many thanks

Phil.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 9:53 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Residency will take longer than a Work to Residence or work visa and whether you go for this depends on when you need to start work and also whether you want the security of residency. Are you thinking of staying permanently or on a longterm basis or just temporarily?
You can always apply for residency as well as WTR if you want it sooner.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Persephone
Residency will take longer than a Work to Residence or work visa and whether you go for this depends on when you need to start work and also whether you want the security of residency. Are you thinking of staying permanently or on a longterm basis or just temporarily?
You can always apply for residency as well as WTR if you want it sooner.
Thanks for that info.Not got that far yet. I've not got the official contracts through yet so have been looking in to these things. I think they would want me there as soon as poss if all goes to plan, June time at the latest so I'm guessing the WTR visa would be the faster option if there is one.

Thanks
Phil
Old Mar 6th 2012, 10:14 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

The London branch are saying that WTR applications are processed within 5 working days Very fast though I would give it a little more time...