Advice for telephone inerview please!

Old Mar 22nd 2010, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

andyg45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice for telephone inerview please!

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
We could do with a blow by blow account, all being well it will be the next hoop we have to jump through.
hi luke and jo, i'm anticipating that the telephone interview is going to be my next hurdle also, would there be any chance you could pass any info on to me.
many thanks

andy
Old Mar 26th 2010, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

Post 18 in this thread?
Old Mar 28th 2010, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

philfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nice

Just wanted to let everyone know..I have my telephone interview at 8am tomorrow morning Any last words of advice?!?!?

Could anyone let me know how long it took to hear back from them regarding a decision....its like living on a knife edge!

Phil
Old Mar 28th 2010, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

hi

I remember being very nervous at the start of the call, and by the end of the call realising that it is all just a formality. try really hard to relax (yes, I know,)

I asked my CO how long it would take, and she said that although she could not say for definite, that she would be very surprised if i was declined. It made me feel much better. Maybe if you ask at the end of your interview, you will get the same reassurance!

good luck. you are on Expats, so you are pretty well prepared and informed and I am sure this will go in your favour. I mentioned expats in my interview and she seemed happy that i was talking to people 'in the know'.

let us know how you get on!
Old Mar 28th 2010, 8:30 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by philfunuk
Any last words of advice?!?!?
I've got the interview at 9. Leave them in a good mood.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:34 am
Just Joined

philfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nice

Originally Posted by teeym
I've got the interview at 9. Leave them in a good mood.
I will do my very best!!!! Who have you got? We have been emailing Jason Stewart, nice guy

Phil
Old Mar 29th 2010, 10:06 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

We have the lovely Maxine! She seemed very nice on the phone - I just hope that we did too!

Will be keeping fingers crossed for all those who are experiencing "judgement day" at the moment! And extra thanks to all those lovely peeps who keep popping out of nowhere to pass of good wishes!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

well? how did it go, you two?
Old Mar 30th 2010, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mudblood21
well? how did it go, you two?
Yippee!!!!!! Got full residency today!!! Full approval, flights being changed for the 3rd week of May tonight!!!! HAppy days! Although the thought of going from one winter to another is a bit daunting....but who cares!

Phil

PS Thanks for asking
Old Mar 30th 2010, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by philfunuk
Yippee!!!!!! Got full residency today!!! Full approval, flights being changed for the 3rd week of May tonight!!!! HAppy days! Although the thought of going from one winter to another is a bit daunting....but who cares!

Phil

PS Thanks for asking
That is fantastic news ! Congratulations

where are you headed? do you have jobs, etc?

jax
Old Mar 30th 2010, 8:42 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations!! Well done.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

ibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud of

Fantastic news, I need it more than anything else before the interview tomorrow. Hopefully they didn't use the whole quota lately
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:49 am
Lord of The Pies

Sorry, attention was being given to other thread! Yep, we got our PR too! Don't seem to be anywhere near as well organised as Phil, but still chuffed to bits!!!

Rather neatly, SWMBO was sent e-mails yesterday by nice recruitment consultant asking if she would be available to chat after the Easter holidays regarding potential roles in New Plymouth and Wellywood? She certainly flippin' would be!

This is helped no end by the fact that she seems to be coming round to the idea of NP being a viable lifestyle proposition! (she remembered that she loved the pub quiz with the humungous burgers we took part in - and lost spectacularly - when we were there and wants to go jogging along the seafront , with me )

Now all we need are all you secretive eccentric millionaires out there to decide that what you really want to do with some of your buckets of spare wedge is BUY OUR HOUSE! Failing that, our current buyers could just hurry up a bit so I can go on my hols........

Good luck with the interview Ibex - it is stressy (less so if you get your OH to do it), but the peeps at Immi are very nice and it's the final step to getting that big decision!

Last edited by teeym; Mar 31st 2010 at 9:51 am.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

ibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud of

We survived! I guess all went well, she said that we 'obviously won't be declined'. So waiting now for a PR or WTR option...we should know it within a week.

Thanks everyone, I guess I need a beer now.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:51 pm
Lord of The Pies

Well done Ibex! Get a few stress relieving beers down you!

Hopefully you'll have a nice Easter and then some good news as soon as they are back from hols!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.