British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   advice for talent visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/advice-talent-visas-841173/)

sghall Aug 17th 2014 7:22 pm

advice for talent visas

Looking for some advice!!

We have submitted our EOI for skilled migrant visa but since this takes a bit of time the accredited employer hubby has a job offer with want us to go down the talent visa route. We will be able to do this but also do out skilled migrant visa if we get invited to apply!

Hubby will apply for work visa, I will apply for partnership temporary work visa. our children are nearly 5 and 16 months, can both apply for student visas or does the youngest need a visitor visa or is this not necessary as I notice on the application form we need to provide evidence of a return ticket before visa expires?

thanks

MrsFychan Aug 17th 2014 7:33 pm

Re: advice for talent visas

we went with a temp work visa for OH and myself and kids came over on a vistors visa's. it took just over 4mths to get the ITA processed and that was with OH already working there but was over Christmas time. We decided to return to UK after 6mths for a holiday as my eldest was turning 21 and was not coming with us. we also decided that we would not put the kids into school until we had the "proper visa" and just have a holiday. Your 5 year old would go to school but I do believe you do not have to send them immediately they hit 5 yrs old, think you can go onto 6 yrs so I wouldn't worry about getting them student visa's. the move over will take a little time getting used to so take the first few months to settle them into the area and have some fun.

sghall Aug 17th 2014 7:41 pm

That was my thought, im not planning to send him straight into school, we wil wait to arrive and find some more permanent accommodation before putting him into school. we may wait until the new term in January tho. If myself and my hubby have visas in place do the kids need visas? we are only planning on purchasing a one way ticket so wouldn't have any evidence we will be leaving the country if go on visitors visas!

MrsFychan Aug 17th 2014 8:34 pm

if you have only visitors visa you will need an onward flight out of the country. maybe get a flight onto Australia or a return that can have its date changed or just cancelled.

I would look at costs for temp visa against WTR visa against onward flights if money is tight. or just take the hit on return flights as part of the moving costs

sghall Aug 17th 2014 8:58 pm

Prob cheaper just to get them both visas then rather than an onward flight!

Persephone Aug 19th 2014 4:42 pm

I believe you apply for visitor visas as a special case and should get them issued for the length of time that your own visas last for. That removes the need for a ticket out of NZ.

If you have UK passports you can enter NZ for 6 mth as a visitor but what happens if your residency SMC application isn't dealt with by then? Plus getting visas is probably cheaper than the extra flights/cost of refundable flights.

I cannot access the immi site to provide a link:(

sghall Aug 19th 2014 6:43 pm

Our EOI has been drawn from the pool and that was 2 weeks ago tomorrow so was hoping to hear something about it soon.

I have the paperwork all ready for hubby to do work visa, me partnership visa, 5 yr old goes on student visa and 16 month old attaches with my application as additional child as under 5. Only thing im struggling with is the evidence we are a stable married couple!! what kind of things do people send? Also can I use the same stuff for our skilled migrant visa for residence?

MrsFychan Aug 19th 2014 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by sghall (Post 11374686)
Our EOI has been drawn from the pool and that was 2 weeks ago tomorrow so was hoping to hear something about it soon.

I have the paperwork all ready for hubby to do work visa, me partnership visa, 5 yr old goes on student visa and 16 month old attaches with my application as additional child as under 5. Only thing im struggling with is the evidence we are a stable married couple!! what kind of things do people send?

you would need to provide joint accounts, if you have any, or money transfers from one account to another if seperate, holiday receipts, photo's, council tax bills with both your names, party invites. Anything and everything that link you on a day to day basis.

Not sure on time scales but have a look at the office time lines on on the Immigration Site. Itchy finger syndrome is about to commence :thumbup:

sghall Aug 19th 2014 8:49 pm

Does the evidence have to be within a certain time frame or just over the years we have been together?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure it's right so little chance of it being returned or needing more information.

MrsFychan Aug 19th 2014 10:14 pm

as much as possible won't hurt

Persephone Aug 25th 2014 1:59 pm

I agree, as much as possible.
Minimum would be for the last 12 months I would say as that is the minimum needed for the SMC. However showing your relationship is longer than that would 'look' better IMO.

Good luck :)

moving2NZ2013 Aug 26th 2014 7:13 am

Originally Posted by sghall (Post 11374828)
Does the evidence have to be within a certain time frame or just over the years we have been together?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure it's right so little chance of it being returned or needing more information.

The last year is essential. I did docs pics from last year and then the odd doc n pic every year for the last 7yrs we had been together.

moving2NZ2013 Aug 26th 2014 7:15 am

Please feel to pm me my husband is on visa through accredited employer.im on partnership visa kids are on visitors.came out here last week

Ps it's a diff form for kids. I didnt need a return ticket or evidence of money ectmy kids are 11months and two they are on dependants visitor visas. You may need student visa for your 5yr old

sghall Aug 26th 2014 8:58 am

Thanks for replys, visa application is in London, payment has been taken and now hopefully being assessed! Just a waiting game now to see how long it takes to process!

moving2NZ2013 Aug 26th 2014 10:19 am

Ours took 4 days ;)