Advice on Skilled Migrants moving to NZ

Old Jun 19th 2014, 7:31 am
Just Joined

max0773 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on Skilled Migrants moving to NZ

Hi All,

im am a new member to the community and appreciate the good work members are doing with information sharing!

me and my partner looking for an option to migrate to New Zealand under skilled migration category.

my partner have a Bsc. second class Degree with work experience of three years.

i have a professional Diploma in Marketing with 07 years of Experiences.

do we have a chance in getting into New Zealand as Skilled Workers?

looking forward to hear your suggestions and feedback!

Many thanks in advance,
Max

Last edited by Persephone; Jun 20th 2014 at 3:18 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 7:38 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Advice on Skilled Migrants moving to NZ

Hi Max, it would depend on your ages and what you actual professions are to see what sort of visa you maybe able to obtain.
have a look on the immigration site
Essential Skills In Demand Lists

if you see your profession on there and have the relevant requirements you would need to see if you have enough points to apply without a job offer
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/

if your professions are not on there you have some other options depending on age, so a bit more information from you may help
Old Jun 19th 2014, 7:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Hi Max, it would depend on your ages and what you actual professions are to see what sort of visa you maybe able to obtain.
have a look on the immigration site
Essential Skills In Demand Lists

if you see your profession on there and have the relevant requirements you would need to see if you have enough points to apply without a job offer
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/

if your professions are not on there you have some other options depending on age, so a bit more information from you may help
Hello MrsFychan,

many thanks for replying this fast.

im 27 years old and my partner is 26 Years old.

my area of expertise is Marketing and My Partner has a Bachelors degree in Bio Science (Chemistry, Bio chemistry and Zoology) and she has three year experience and a Appeal merchandiser in DBA,and HnM.

what are our chance to move into New Zealand?

many thanks,
Max
Old Jun 19th 2014, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Hi Mrs Fychan,

thousand thanks for your reply.

im 27 and my partner is 26.

and my partner have a bachelor of science degree in bio sciences (chemistry, bio chemistry and Zoology) with three years of Apparel merchandising experience.

what kind of chance do we have to migrate as skilled workers?

do you think we have any other options?

looking forward for your fast reply.

thanks,Max
Old Jun 19th 2014, 10:09 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

you could both apply for working holiday visa's which would allow you to get temp work and travel around NZ. it does limit you to working only part of the time the visa is valid for.
Or as I have already said check out the links given to see if any of the profession you have are on the skills list or do the points indicator to see what points you gain
Old Jun 19th 2014, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Thanks MrsFychan for your fast reply.

i have checked and ive got 140 in the points indicator.

do i stand a chance?

thanks,
max
Old Jun 19th 2014, 8:09 pm

140 or above is the desired number so you, as long as you have answered the questions correctly, should be good to go.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 12:05 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

You can still apply under the SMC if your job is not on the Long Term Skills Shortage List, the job offer just has to be skilled. Being on the LTSSL means you get extra points to bump up your total.

If you don't mind me asking, how have you got to 140 points? That would be an automatic selection but it seems a little high from what you've already mentioned. Obviously there may be stuff we don't know about such as family or previous work in NZ.

Have you and your partner lived together for 12 months or more and are able to prove it? You can only go on the same EOI if you have, not just me being nosy!

Oh, and welcome to BE

Last edited by Persephone; Jun 20th 2014 at 12:09 am.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 12:08 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't mind, I've altered the thread title to better reflect your question since you're looking for visas for both of you rather than a work visa for your partner
Old Jun 20th 2014, 4:03 am
Just Joined

Hello Persephone!

many thanks for your reply and knowledge,

actually speaking we are married so we have a certificate to prove that, and also, she has a psychology diploma NVQ Level 04 and looking if we could migrate under skilled worker category.

what do you think?

thanks,
Max
Old Jun 20th 2014, 5:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
If you don't mind, I've altered the thread title to better reflect your question since you're looking for visas for both of you rather than a work visa for your partner
Err, no you haven't, you changed the title in the OPs post, not the main title. Easily done
Old Jun 20th 2014, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by max0773
we are married so we have a certificate to prove that, Max
they will not just accept a marriage cert you have to provide actual evidence that your lives are connected on a day to day basis.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 10:49 am
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
they will not just accept a marriage cert you have to provide actual evidence that your lives are connected on a day to day basis.
if only

me n my husband have been married for 6 yrs,together for 8 years have two children. and that wasnt enough

Evidence of partnership may be provided by:
marriage certificate (if married)
civil union certificate (if in a civil union)
proof of shared residence (such as joint mortgage or tenancy agreements or rent book)
financial dependence or interdependence (proof of shared income or bank accounts, or accounts that show money transfers to or from your account to your partner’s account)
birth certificates of your children
any documents showing public or family recognition of your relationship
correspondence (including postmarked envelopes) to you and your partner at the same address
photographs of you and your partner together
evidence of the duration of your relationship
the degree of commitment to a shared life
evidence of communication between you both
evidence of you being committed to each other emotionally and exclusively, such as evidence of joint decision making, an exclusive sexual relationship, and the sharing of household duties, parental responsibility, and spare time.
We may verify any documents you provide.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Hello thanks all for your replies,

is this required in Britain or is this required in NZ?

thanks,
Max
Old Jun 20th 2014, 3:15 pm
Queen of the Underworld

The partnership evidence can be from anywhere in the world. A marriage certificate isn't enough as has been mentioned, as it doesn't show that you're actually living together which is what NZIS are interested in. It is an extra bit of proof only.
I have a marriage cert, I'd still have the cert even if I was divorced

Your chances of getting a SMC visa? It depends on your points score and whether you can get a job if necessary.
What is your points breakdown? How have you got 140?

Have you looked here Skill Shortage List Checker – Immigration New Zealand? The list now brings up jobs classed as skilled as well as those on the shortage lists.
This is what is needed for your work experience and job to be classed as skilled. Plus how do the points work out if you use your partner as the principal candidate?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.