Advice please... :(

Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:10 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice please... :(

Obviously you wouldn't get a medical certificate unless you had to, so surely that should have made someone wonder about the length of time you were wanting to stay? Why did they ignore that?
The police certificate requirement isn't completely clear either-at one point it says 24m or longer and another it says over 24m-the former implies you would need one for a 2 year visa

See whether they contact you first but start working on writing to them to explain everything in full as to why you expected a two year visa. Explain your plans with regards to staying longer in full. Your situation sounds reasonable to me-however I am not a NZIS case officer
Be humble but firm, you are explaining why you think they made the wrong decision rather than out and out complaining. I fully understand you not wanting to make too much fuss in case they turn you down completely [been there, done that!], I rewrote my letter so many times so the tone was acceptable-neither too complaining nor too 'wet'
I emailed NZ and London and also sent London one via snail mail.

But wait and see if they contact you, you have a reasonable case. All this worry may have been for nothing
Stay strong!!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

arthurfowler is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah when I was speaking to the lady I tried asking if they didn't see it etc. I tried SO SO hard to be polite as well. But she basically told me that I said I would be going to Nz for the duration of my partner's contract.

It honestly felt like she was saying a lot of Jargon to throw me off. But I read and understood the application fully before completing the forms, so a lot of what she was saying simply did not make sense. But how could I tell her that considering I need them to grant me a visa?

I will try and switch off for tonight and just get some sleep ready for them to hopefully contact me tomorrow
Old Apr 19th 2013, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Had to chase up and was told that someone would contact me some time next week :/
Old Apr 19th 2013, 7:47 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Can't have them working too quickly
Old Apr 20th 2013, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arthurfowler
One of the requests in the submission was that I should give some kind of proof that we intend to be together whilst in Nz. Well because of this I gave a background of our situation (my partner has a one year contract). And I said I would be with my partner for the duration of this contract.(
Hi,

Sorry, just an observation.

You stated in your first post that as proof to Immigration of your intention to stay together in a relationship with your partner, you would be staying with him in NZ for the duration of his contract!
As you say this contract is 12 months.
I expect you told Immigration that information when you gave a background of your situation ?
Seems to me you painted a picture to Immigration that your partner would only be in NZ 12 months irrespective of his visa or citizenship status and as such you intended to be with him in NZ for the duration and then leave.
I expect this is the reason why you have only received visa acceptance for 12 months.
Only my opinion, but I think you mistakingly backed yourself into a corner with the information you submitted and Immigration have acted on that information. Don't see how Immigration have done anything wrong

Regards,
Old Apr 20th 2013, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

There was a request from somewhere(can't remember where) where it asked that I show that I intend to be with my partner when I go over there. That was the only kind of proof that I had for the moment (without tenancy agreements or anything). I thought that I would be allowed to decide for myself whether I would want to stay longer and the statement is still true. I do intend to stay with my partner for the duration of the contract. I didn't state that I would not be in NZ when the contract ended though

However in the actual application I did tick the box for 'intending to stay over 12 months'. I provided the extra documentation for staying for over 12 months as well. I did everything the application asked of me and more (or so I thought). I don't understand the point of the application questions and evidence if they are to ignore them. I'm just going to wait and see what happens. Too trained lol
Old Apr 20th 2013, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Also, when you made the application, how long did you say you had been together with your partner ?
Did you provide the necessary evidence to prove the length of your relationship in the application ?
Old Apr 20th 2013, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Been together for 3 years - evidence of living with each other for 2.5 years, tenancy agreements, photos, wedding invites, financial interdependence, holidays booked together, letters from family/friends backing up relationship, cards etc.

I'm going to give it a few more days and then try to pay for an amendment or keep 12 months and pay for a two year extension over there for $360 (and not $92 as the immigration office incorrectly advised me in order to get me off the phone. And actually this is what annoyed me the most. I was being given completely incorrect information over the phone so that I would accept the decision. Be it cost of visas, necessary documents, etc).
Old Apr 20th 2013, 10:33 pm
Queen of the Underworld

escapedtonz: that was my first conclusion as well

But

arthurfowler had ticked the 'stay longer than 12m' box and had provided a medical cert that would not be necessary if he only wanted to stay for 12m. This should have made someone question his application in my opinion.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Persephone
escapedtonz: that was my first conclusion as well

But

arthurfowler had ticked the 'stay longer than 12m' box and had provided a medical cert that would not be necessary if he only wanted to stay for 12m. This should have made someone question his application in my opinion.
Yes bit of a strange one to call either way.

Maybe the story of the partnership history led Immigration down a certain path which resulted in the allocation of a 12 month visa, and irrespective that the application contained conflicting info, the case officer either missed that fact or decided the partnership history evidence was the most important factor in deciding the length of visa over the conflicting info on the application ?

Unfortunately we'll have to wait until Immigration get back with an answer.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
Yes bit of a strange one to call either way.

Maybe the story of the partnership history led Immigration down a certain path which resulted in the allocation of a 12 month visa, and irrespective that the application contained conflicting info, the case officer either missed that fact or decided the partnership history evidence was the most important factor in deciding the length of visa over the conflicting info on the application ?

Unfortunately we'll have to wait until Immigration get back with an answer.
I understand how the note on the duration of my partner's contract could have been confused as being conflicting, but if I had applied for a permanent residency, getting the extra medical certs, paying nearly £600 more etc, then would I have also only been granted a 12 month visa? This is what I don't get.

Even if I did mean that we were coming back after the contract had ended, could we not decide to go back a few months afterwards and stay for a further 6-8 months? There was nothing in the application asking me to prove my exact plans for the entire 24 months. Just a box asking how long I intended to stay in NZ and the necessary evidence/certificates for that visa.

I am still awaiting their call/email. I will give a chaser this afternoon
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 4:36 pm
Queen of the Underworld

You'd have got a resident visa if you'd done that

Let us know how you get on
Old Apr 24th 2013, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Still havent heard anything and just sent an email to my immigration office who (from her out of office) is not back until the 29th. I have no contact for anyone else at the offices. What would they do if I turned up at NZ house? Would they be annoyed? I only work across the street so would be so much easier.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by arthurfowler
Still havent heard anything and just sent an email to my immigration office who (from her out of office) is not back until the 29th. I have no contact for anyone else at the offices. What would they do if I turned up at NZ house? Would they be annoyed? I only work across the street so would be so much easier.
I wouldn't be waiting around for an answer. I'd have been over the street days ago
Old Apr 24th 2013, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
I wouldn't be waiting around for an answer. I'd have been over the street days ago
this is what I will do tomorrow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.