British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Advice on PAR results (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/advice-par-results-841321/)

lipgloss1968 Aug 19th 2014 6:40 pm

Advice on PAR results

Hi All
My partner has had his C & G Part 3 Fabrication and Welding certs assessed by the NZQA.
They have emailed us saying that it is comparable with a skill level 4 which is great.
Looking at the EOI paperwork it states that even though we have a PAR if we are invited to apply for residence the level of your qual will have to be confirmed through a full International Qualification Assessment (IQA) by NZQA before points can be awarded,
What does this mean? Do we have get his quals assessed again if we are invited to apply?
Any light shed on this matter is gratefully appreciated

:unsure:

MrsFychan Aug 19th 2014 7:42 pm

Re: Advice on PAR results

yes, from my understanding of others posts PAR. pre assessment results,just gives you a guideline you would need to get it accessed by NZQA, if required
and thats called IQA assessment, I believe.

BEVS Aug 19th 2014 11:47 pm

I'm not sure why you needed to get a PAR from NZQA.

As far as I remember and know C&G is a qualification recognised by NZIS & does not require assessment. Link HERE
Any C&G or NVQ 3 or advanced would come in at NZ level 4.

Just enter in what quals he has on the EOI.

For the ITA you will need certified copies of his trade certificates to prove he has the qualification and level required. Having a PAR to put with the paperwork could be helpful for the NZIS officer but not essential.

lipgloss1968 Aug 20th 2014 7:07 am

Thanks for the replies,
We applied for the PAR just to put ours minds at rest as we went for a free consultation with an advisor and they said it would need assessing.
I have done lots of research myself and thought it didn't need assessing, but I suppose you want everything to be right.
Thanks again Mrs Fychan and Bevs

BEVS Aug 22nd 2014 6:21 am

Originally Posted by lipgloss1968 (Post 11375265)
We applied for the PAR just to put ours minds at rest as we went for a free consultation with an advisor and they said it would need assessing.

Complete rubbish advisor :nod: You should report them really for not knowing the basics.

Anyway, just have the C&G certs copied and certified in readiness for the ITA.

Perhaps don't put in the PAR as it could confuse the NZIS officer as to why you would have done that. Keep it clean and simple.

lipgloss1968 Aug 23rd 2014 8:44 am

Hi Bevs,
Yes money down the drain by the looks of things!
Just a quick question, you mention to getting the certs copies and certified, we only have the originals, do we not send these? How do you go about getting certified copies?
Thanks again

MrsFychan Aug 23rd 2014 9:16 am

you get a Solicitors to certify, or a notary, JP and have heard some Banks will do it. You submit both and Immigration keep the certified copy.

Persephone Aug 25th 2014 1:49 pm

I only ever submitted certified copies-never the original.

No point getting them certified if you submit a copy along with the original, as immigration officers can easily see that one is a copy. Certifying is so you don't have to send in the originals.

Immigration officers can also certify documents.

The only original document I sent in was my passport and that was at the very end to get the stickers in it.

P:)