advice needed :)

Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:20 am
  #1  
Family landed :)
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 97
newzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nice
Default advice needed :)

Currently my EOI as a skilled migrant has been selected from the pool (end of August). In Sept I went over to NZ and secured a job due to start early next year (probably January).

I'm going through an agency (I know, I know!) as I hadn't heard of this site before deciding to apply. I have had a copy of the job offer sent to NZIS in London about 3 weeks ago. I spoke to them last week and they said my EOI was on the priority list with job offer and verification would be complete 'soon'. I have 135 points based on my relevent degree and 6+ years work experience. The job offer (in a skills shortage area and complementary to my degree + experience) I think give me another 50 points?

I've not had medicals done as I'm advised not to until I get my ITA, nor the police checks. I have written to the Data Protection office for inland revenue to get some evidence of my previous employment. House not on the market until I know the whole family (wife + kids) are Ok to go. Tomorrow is November and I'm getting twitchy over the whole think happening in time!! The medicals are the think that really worries me in the process - the great unknown!

Should I be starting to think of applying for a working permit (how long do they usually take) as I don't want to miss out on the job, they have been waiting since July already!

While the house sells does anyone have any tips on getting short term credit available? The house sale is financing the whole thing, managed to get a payment break on the mortgage so at least shouldn't end up paying rent in NZ + a mortgage in the UK.

Any help/advice helpfull!
newzealandplease is offline  
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:50 am
  #2  
P2L
BE Forum Addict
 
P2L's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: NZ
Posts: 3,366
P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice needed :)

Originally Posted by newzealandplease View Post
Currently my EOI as a skilled migrant has been selected from the pool (end of August). In Sept I went over to NZ and secured a job due to start early next year (probably January).

I'm going through an agency (I know, I know!) as I hadn't heard of this site before deciding to apply. I have had a copy of the job offer sent to NZIS in London about 3 weeks ago. I spoke to them last week and they said my EOI was on the priority list with job offer and verification would be complete 'soon'. I have 135 points based on my relevent degree and 6+ years work experience. The job offer (in a skills shortage area and complementary to my degree + experience) I think give me another 50 points?

I've not had medicals done as I'm advised not to until I get my ITA, nor the police checks. I have written to the Data Protection office for inland revenue to get some evidence of my previous employment. House not on the market until I know the whole family (wife + kids) are Ok to go. Tomorrow is November and I'm getting twitchy over the whole think happening in time!! The medicals are the think that really worries me in the process - the great unknown!

Should I be starting to think of applying for a working permit (how long do they usually take) as I don't want to miss out on the job, they have been waiting since July already!

While the house sells does anyone have any tips on getting short term credit available? The house sale is financing the whole thing, managed to get a payment break on the mortgage so at least shouldn't end up paying rent in NZ + a mortgage in the UK.

Any help/advice helpfull!

Patience is a virtue my friend still plenty of time for things to happen.

In the meantime, can I suggest that you DO apply for your police checks as they take 40 days to come through

HTH
P2L is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 4:26 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Vale of Glamorgan
Posts: 268
sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice needed :)

Originally Posted by kev&sarah View Post

In the meantime, can I suggest that you DO apply for your police checks as they take 40 days to come through

HTH
Agree - at least the police checks don't cost too much either. Medicals are the ones you need to save up for
sarahw is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 8:18 am
  #4  
Family landed :)
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 97
newzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nice
Default Re: advice needed :)

thanks for the help guys.

going to send off for the police checks today.

cheers
newzealandplease is offline  
Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:50 am
  #5  
NZ ways is best ways :0)
 
Wiz'n'Ton's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Posts: 1,109
Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice needed :)

I agree about the police checks too - get them underway asap.

Don't stress about the job - if you have a written offer, then just come out anyway and you'll get a work permit and visa from immigration the same day.

You can then let the ITA wheels rumble around safe in the knowledge that you are working and getting settled here in NZ rather than kicking your heels and getting frustrated in the UK.

A big fat 'GOOD LUCK' to you!
Wiz'n'Ton is offline  
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:05 am
  #6  
Maz
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 5,763
Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice needed :)

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton View Post
Don't stress about the job - if you have a written offer, then just come out anyway and you'll get a work permit and visa from immigration the same day.
Actually... regular work permits can take up to two months right now (Wellington branch). I pulled as many strings as I could to get mine in 2 weeks and 2 days.
Maz is offline  
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:31 am
  #7  
NZ ways is best ways :0)
 
Wiz'n'Ton's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Posts: 1,109
Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice needed :)

Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Actually... regular work permits can take up to two months right now (Wellington branch). I pulled as many strings as I could to get mine in 2 weeks and 2 days.
Fair do's - best ignore my comments on this one. May need one myself soon so will do little research for here in ChCh.

Nicely done on the string pulling Maz
Wiz'n'Ton is offline  
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:51 am
  #8  
Family landed :)
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 97
newzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nice
Default Re: advice needed :)

Do you think its worth starting a working visa application now as a safeguard?
newzealandplease is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.