British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Advice on ITA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/advice-ita-311430/)

footloose Jun 30th 2005 10:13 pm

Advice on ITA

I have now finished all the digging around for the info required for the expression of interest, and I will put it in the morning.

But I would like to get a quick turn around with the ITA. Is there anything I can do now that would make me being able to complete the ITA quickly when the pack arrives? And when supplying birth certificates do i need to get the big ones, or will the little ones I have be sufficient?

Pinkie Pie Jun 30th 2005 11:18 pm

Re: Advice on ITA

Originally Posted by footloose
I have now finished all the digging around for the info required for the expression of interest, and I will put it in the morning.

But I would like to get a quick turn around with the ITA. Is there anything I can do now that would make me being able to complete the ITA quickly when the pack arrives? And when supplying birth certificates do i need to get the big ones, or will the little ones I have be sufficient?

Well done...get it sent and then the fun begins...:)

You could apply for your police clearances as they can take up to 40 days to come back (although we got ours in two weeks!!)

You need the full birth certificates showing parents names etc...you can request them from office where the births were registered
or order them online like I did..http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/births/ from here...

Get all your certified copies done (unless you're handing the ITA in personally in which case you just need to copy everything)

Make sure all your passports have more than a year on them before they're due to expire - if not get them renewed

Get four passport sized photos done - 2 required for your medical forms and 2 for your ITA

Print off medical and xray forms and book medicals and xrays!!

There, that'll keep you going for a bit...:D

footloose Jul 1st 2005 5:59 am

Thanks,

With all that, decorating the house and doing the overtime I should manage some sleep somewhere. But it will be worth it!!

PRinAuckland Oct 4th 2005 10:41 am

Hi Guys,

Where do you get certified copies done?

D

ledge Oct 4th 2005 11:00 am

Originally Posted by PRinAuckland
Hi Guys,

D

I just rang a local solicitor - they take a photocopy, rubber stamp it, sign it and charge you £5 (in my case) per copy

Laurence

urbanproject Oct 4th 2005 11:03 am

Originally Posted by PRinAuckland
Hi Guys,

D

I got mine done by a solicitor, sames a ledge, got charged £5 per certification. I had to ring around though as there had been differences from one solicitor to another.

Markk Oct 4th 2005 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by urbanproject
I got mine done by a solicitor, sames a ledge, got charged £5 per certification. I had to ring around though as there had been differences from one solicitor to another.

Crikey guys, shop around some more. I had mine done for 25p per copy!!!
Mark

Markk Oct 4th 2005 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Well done...get it sent and then the fun begins...:)

You could apply for your police clearances as they can take up to 40 days to come back (although we got ours in two weeks!!)

You need the full birth certificates showing parents names etc...you can request them from office where the births were registered
or order them online like I did..http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/births/ from here...

Get all your certified copies done (unless you're handing the ITA in personally in which case you just need to copy everything)

Make sure all your passports have more than a year on them before they're due to expire - if not get them renewed

Get four passport sized photos done - 2 required for your medical forms and 2 for your ITA

Print off medical and xray forms and book medicals and xrays!!

There, that'll keep you going for a bit...:D

Before you get the certified copies done start gathering your work references!!

urbanproject Oct 4th 2005 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Markk
Crikey guys, shop around some more. I had mine done for 25p per copy!!!
Mark

Where did you get yours certified Mark? Maybe cos I live in London it was more expensive :D

It's ok, now that I have PR, I don't regret paying the £5 ;)

Jen

Markk Oct 4th 2005 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by urbanproject
Where did you get yours certified Mark? Maybe cos I live in London it was more expensive :D

It's ok, now that I have PR, I don't regret paying the £5 ;)

Jen

Hi Jen,
Got mine done in Bracknell, maybe I was lucky because some solicitors were asking the earth!!!
You're right though, it's a small price to pay for PR when you think about it!!
Mark