Advice with EOI

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future
Question Advice with EOI

Hi,
I'm new to this forum but hope that someone who has 'gone before' may be able to help. I have been offered a job in area of Skills Shortage and am in the process of filling out the EOI. On the subject of English Language I do not seem to have been able to acquire any points on the form by answering the questions given. I was born, educated and worked the UK for most of my life as has my wife yet this seems to attract no points at all. Am I missing sometihng here?

With my qualifications I have and the job offer my points are around 165 but I would still like to resolve this issue if possible.

Thanks very much in anticipation.

Rock Ape

Last edited by Rock Ape; Mar 23rd 2008 at 6:53 am. Reason: spelling error
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice with EOI

I just looked at the website. It doesn't seem to gain points for anyone as it is a condition for all principal applicants that they have an acceptable level of skill in the English language. Only non-principal applicants over 16 years can get round this by pre-purchasing additional English lessons to be taken upon arrival.

The fact that you were born, bred and educated in the UK means you are deemed to have satisfied the English language requirement.

Last edited by luvwelly; Mar 23rd 2008 at 7:26 am. Reason: sp
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

Thanks very much for clarifying this. In this instance then, which of the options should I be selecting from the list available?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rock Ape
Thanks very much for clarifying this. In this instance then, which of the options should I be selecting from the list available?
I found this section a bit odd too. I ticked the box for study totally in English (or words to that effect).Tried ticking other boxes - seems to say section not complete. There are various parts you don't actually get points for!! All designed to confuse me thinks Good luck