Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Adult child advice - not on original EOI.

Adult child advice - not on original EOI.

Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Toon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to all
Default Adult child advice - not on original EOI.

Hello folks, great site and a great source of information for the 1000's of people like me looking to make the move.

Right then, the wife and I filled out our EOI back in March and we got our ITA in May. On our original EOI we did not include our 20 year old dependent son (he's out of work at the minute and lives with us) as at the time of applying he was a typical teenager in love and couldn't make up his mind, now things are happening quicker than he expected (we've had our medicals, x-rays, police checks, job offer signed sealed and delivered etc, etc) he's now wanting to come with us.

Typical, then again, I do expect him to change his mind again when he wakes up tomorrow morning and puts on a clean pair of underpants - he's that bad!

My questions are these;

(a) Will it jeopardize our chances of PR if we decide to include him in this ITA at the last minute?

(b) If we don't include him in our ITA and we are lucky enough to be selected how easy will it be for him to come over at a later date and be able to seek work and apply for PR himself etc?

I read somewhere once before that young people (think it may be under 24's?) from the UK can actively seek employment in NZ without PR but are only allowed to stay for something like 12 or 24 months?

He'll not come over at a later date if there's no chance of him being allowed to go out and actively seek work as he might as well stay here, at least he has friends and family etc.

Regards

Slightly confused?!
Old Jun 10th 2010, 8:50 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adult child advice - not on original EOI.

Just to clarify, you did declare him as another family member but he wasn´t included in the application?
Old Jun 10th 2010, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Toon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to all

Yes, that's correct.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 9:11 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Then I would give NZIS a call and ask, if he was declared then there isn´t an issue and you´ll get a clear answer (I think it will be fine), if he wasn´t declared it would be another matter. NZIS ask for those declarations just so there are no surprises down the line...
Old Jun 11th 2010, 10:57 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi
Then I would give NZIS a call and ask, if he was declared then there isn´t an issue and you´ll get a clear answer (I think it will be fine), if he wasn´t declared it would be another matter. NZIS ask for those declarations just so there are no surprises down the line...
Agreed, ring NZIS for the 'proper' answer but he should be able to come over at a later date, with you as sponsor. Something to do with family ties.....
Old Jun 15th 2010, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.