ACS and NewZealand

Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:57 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough
Default ACS and NewZealand

Friends,

Having spent so much time and money on ACS and Australia, I was wondering if things do not go too well with DIAC having all that MODL and CSL removal, would the ACS letter of positive assessment be of any use with NewZealand Immigration?

Cheers

TAA
Old Feb 16th 2010, 8:41 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: ACS and NewZealand

Maybe as part of the paperwork provided to prove you have the standard New Zealand requires for a given occupation..

It could maybe help with an NZQA assessment of your overseas qualifications.

Please be aware that New Zealand immigration has it's own policies and checks.

note:-

for those not in the know.....

There were changes to the Australia General Skilled Migrant policy this month, hence this sudden interest in NZ .
Old Feb 17th 2010, 3:34 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS
Maybe as part of the paperwork provided to prove you have the standard New Zealand requires for a given occupation..

It could maybe help with an NZQA assessment of your overseas qualifications.

Please be aware that New Zealand immigration has it's own policies and checks.

note:-

for those not in the know.....

There were changes to the Australia General Skilled Migrant policy this month, hence this sudden interest in NZ .
Hi
What is the purpose of NZQA, is it a skill assessment like ACS? Which is required for computer professionals coming to work in Australia.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 3:58 am
`

Please click the link I provided for an explanation.

NZQA will assess overseas qualifications that NZIS perhaps don't recognise.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:25 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Please click the link I provided for an explanation.

NZQA will assess overseas qualifications that NZIS perhaps don't recognise.
Thanx for your information, as far as i understand, for applying we need to do these steps

Overseas Qualification assessment from NZQA but how would i know that my qualification is recognized there?
Online fill and submit "EOI"
If it is accepted they will invite to Lodge visa application.

Am i getting right?
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:58 am
`

Nooooo.

You should first check with New Zealand Immigration as to whether your overseas qualifications are accepted. If they are not, then you would apply for an NZQA assessment to see if they are considered an acceptable match.

Please see HERE.

If your country isn't listed or you don't see your qualifications or degree institute, then you should go for the NZQA assessment.

Can I just ask. Are you looking to New Zealand because you feel you cannot gain residency in Australia ?

If so, could you please also be aware that NZIS - New Zealand Immigration Service - has a skilled migrant category which targets only those in occupations that are in shortage in New Zealand. This works on a points system.

I fully expect the next post to ask me about the points system..
Fire away but please remember that this is just an information highway and an exchange of views based on personal experience.
Asking NZIS first hand will always be best.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 11:54 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
Thanx for your information, as far as i understand, for applying we need to do these steps

Overseas Qualification assessment from NZQA but how would i know that my qualification is recognized there?
Online fill and submit "EOI"
If it is accepted they will invite to Lodge visa application.

Am i getting right?
@Shafqat, Pakistan is not listed. @BEVS, kindly tell if there is a process like Australian RPL in NewZealand.

Cheers

TAA
Old Feb 17th 2010, 12:00 pm
Waiting .....

Nooooo.

You should first check with New Zealand Immigration as to whether your overseas qualifications are accepted. If they are not, then you would apply for an NZQA assessment to see if they are considered an acceptable match.

Please see HERE.

If your country isn't listed or you don't see your qualifications or degree institute, then you should go for the NZQA assessment.

Can I just ask. Are you looking to New Zealand because you feel you cannot gain residency in Australia ?

If so, could you please also be aware that NZIS - New Zealand Immigration Service - has a skilled migrant category which targets only those in occupations that are in shortage in New Zealand. This works on a points system.

I fully expect the next post to ask me about the points system..
Fire away but please remember that this is just an information highway and an exchange of views based on personal experience.
@BEVS

Yes, many of us are feeling uncertain about our prospects of landing in Australia after changes in her policies. On top of that, we don't know if we apply now, whether we will be able to qualify when the rules change AGAIN in June !. Its no sin to look at other options, a friend of mine is settled in Auckland and he speaks very highly of NZ. So, I say, why not NZ ?

Cheers!

TAA
Old Feb 17th 2010, 7:44 pm
`

Originally Posted by foha2012
@Shafqat, Pakistan is not listed. @BEVS, kindly tell if there is a process like Australian RPL in NewZealand.

Cheers

TAA
I don't know . What is Australian RPL.

As I said, this board is just an information exchange between people . Not immigration experts.

es, many of us are feeling uncertain about our prospects of landing in Australia after changes in her policies. On top of that, we don't know if we apply now, whether we will be able to qualify when the rules change AGAIN in June !. Its no sin to look at other options, a friend of mine is settled in Auckland and he speaks very highly of NZ. So, I say, why not NZ ?
....... and it's no sin to ask either my friend, especially considering you are asking for help here.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 7:58 pm
`

Ah ! I get it from looking at the Australian forum.
It's an assessment for prior learning.

NZQA make mention of this here.

I would suppose you would approach the New Zealand universities concerned and ask for an assessment. You would then present this result to NZQA along with your qualifications to see if you meet the NZ standard.

Perhaps contact Auckland University and ask them about this.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 4:12 am
Shafaqat Ali

My country is not there so its decided qualification assessment is the first step
I feel i can get aus PR if i get state sponsorship but my priorities are different, i want to get a normal job in a normal city thats it.
please remember that this is just an information highway and an exchange of views based on personal experience.
Off course no one here is a consultant, i post something here just to get an idea and every forum is just a platform to share personal experience.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 5:04 am
`

That'll be a 'thank you for your time' from you then.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:11 am
Waiting .....

That'll be a 'thank you for your time' from you then.
@BEVS,

Yes, Thank you very much !. That was exactly I was looking for.

Cheers!

TAA