British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Accredited Employer (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/accredited-employer-706218/)

beachedAz Feb 21st 2011 3:43 am

Accredited Employer

Hello,

My husband and I are currently weighing up our options and hoping that someone could clarify some points for us.

If I was to acquire a job offer for an accounting position with an accredited employer from a non-financial industry, would I still qualify for the Talent visa?

I thought I had read somewhere about the offer having to be in the core industry.........or something along those lines. But ofcourse, now I can find where I read that.

Also, with this visa, am I understanding it right that I would not be required to provide any proof of education etc.?

Many thanks,

SG

BEVS Feb 21st 2011 5:35 am

Re: Accredited Employer

UUmm. No idea from that post. Far too ambiguous.

More details and a bit about yourself might help.

and of course... an intro might be even more lovely.

simonsi Feb 21st 2011 7:21 am

Re: Accredited Employer

Originally Posted by beachedAz (Post 9190466)
If I was to acquire a job offer for an accounting position with an accredited employer from a non-financial industry, would I still qualify for the Talent visa?

I thought I had read somewhere about the offer having to be in the core industry.........or something along those lines. But ofcourse, now I can find where I read that.

Also, with this visa, am I understanding it right that I would not be required to provide any proof of education etc.?

I thjink you need to look here (my emphasis in bold)

"Requirements your offer of employment must meet

You must have a genuine offer of employment from an accredited employer, for employment that is:

* full time (on average, at least 30 hours a week)
* for at least two years
* with an annual base salary of at least NZ$55,000 (gross)
* in the employer’s main business activity, and where they are directly responsible for your output.

To be acceptable, an offer of employment must include:

* the employer’s name, address and contact details
* your name and address
* the job title or designation
* the address of the place of employment
* the type of work, duties and responsibilities of the job
* details of the pay and conditions of employment, such as sick or holiday leave
* qualifications and experience requirements
* confirmation of whether or not registration in New Zealand is required
* the duration of the job
* how long the job offer is open for.

The offer must meet the requirements of New Zealand's employment laws."

It should be perfectly possible to be an accountant in a company that does not operate in the finance industry, it is about supervision by the accredited employer of the people they hire under the scheme, in other words one accredited company cannot hire people under the scheme to work in far-flung subsidiaries....

beachedAz Feb 22nd 2011 1:15 am

Thanks very much for your response.

That's what I figured but had a moment of doubt when I read that line. It is a relief as I really don't fancy working for a bank but would have considered it if it was only temporary.

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9190573)
UUmm. No idea from that post. Far too ambiguous.

More details and a bit about yourself might help.

and of course... an intro might be even more lovely.

Apologies! And here I thought I was getting straight to the point with that post - it made sense to me at the time!

My husband and I are just looking into our options and considering a move to NZ. The talent visa seems pretty straightforward and probably our only option for permanent access to NZ but we aren't convinced NZ is right for us yet. Ideally, we are looking for somewhere where we can snorkel, dive and surf all year round without having to wear a wetsuit to keep warm. I think we might make a visit out there in September and head north just to get a feel for the place.

We had intentions to try Australia but their new system isn't welcoming us! I still have another year of studying before completing a commerce degree so really can't make any definite plans at the moment. These immigration laws tend to change so quickly.