British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Absolute Skills Shrotage evidance (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/absolute-skills-shrotage-evidance-604050/)

sam_79 Apr 17th 2009 6:52 pm

Absolute Skills Shrotage evidance

Hi every one :)
a bit confused about one of the requirements mentioned in my ITA?:confused:
I got my ITA on 14th MAR 09 subject to providing the full NZQA report to support my bonus points of my claim in the LTSSL,and I am currently in the process of getting all the required documents:)
As per my assessed points allocation in the EOI; i got a bonus points for my Qualifications & Work experience being in Absolute Skills Shortage.
In the ITA letter received; one of the required evidences is to provide the following:
"Certified copies or originals AND photocopies of evidence of how your qualification and work experience meet the criteria for the Absolute Skills Shortage as indicated in the Current Points Allocation section below"
I have submitted my Qualifications for the NZQA and awaiting for the report now. On the other hand, I already have all my Qualification Documents & Work experience evidences (References & Job Descriptions) which support my work experience claim in the LTSSL.
Do I have now to get another type of supporting document for my bonus points claim in addition to the above mentioned documents? Thanks for your time:) Pls advice:confused:

getmethere Apr 18th 2009 10:55 am

Re: Absolute Skills Shrotage evidance

hmm, by providing all of the above i would have thought that you would have covered all bases.

sam_79 Apr 18th 2009 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by getmethere (Post 7490586)
hmm, by providing all of the above i would have thought that you would have covered all bases.

I hope so. I was in the impression that it would be necessary to get some other proof! Thanks man :) have a good day:)

DGH Apr 18th 2009 10:13 pm

I would have thought that providing NZQA report + references/job description should be enough.
I'm doing the same right now - I'm a secondary school teacher (a job also on the LTSS list) and for the ITA I'm just providing my full NZQA report, Teacher Council registration, qualifications, references and current contract. As long as your references/job description state your role and it matches one on the LTSS I'm sure that'll be enough.

sam_79 Apr 19th 2009 6:39 am

Originally Posted by DGH (Post 7491863)
I would have thought that providing NZQA report + references/job description should be enough.
I'm doing the same right now - I'm a secondary school teacher (a job also on the LTSS list) and for the ITA I'm just providing my full NZQA report, Teacher Council registration, qualifications, references and current contract. As long as your references/job description state your role and it matches one on the LTSS I'm sure that'll be enough.

Thanks DGH; now it is pretty clear to me what proof to provide.

Ahmadj May 3rd 2009 11:09 am

Originally Posted by sam_79 (Post 7492561)
Thanks DGH; now it is pretty clear to me what proof to provide.

Hey I need your help explaining the process to me. Last week, I submitted preliminary assessment result application to NZQA. I believe you have that PAR alreadt, isn't that right? I just want to know what does its result say? Does it give you a level? 6, 7 or so? does it mention your skill? I mean, does PAR tell that you are on Absoloute skill Shortage list?

Also, does immigration new zealand ask for full assessment all the time? So, I should expect it?

Last question, NZQA, requested additional documents, but they didn't mention how to provide these documents?

Ahmad

BEVS May 4th 2009 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Ahmadj (Post 7537269)
Hey I need your help explaining the process to me. Last week, I submitted preliminary assessment result application to NZQA. I believe you have that PAR alreadt, isn't that right? I just want to know what does its result say? Does it give you a level? 6, 7 or so? does it mention your skill? I mean, does PAR tell that you are on Absoloute skill Shortage list?

Also, does immigration new zealand ask for full assessment all the time? So, I should expect it?

Last question, NZQA, requested additional documents, but they didn't mention how to provide these documents?

Ahmad

Did you mean to put this here as it would seem from your posts that you are on your way to Australia. I can move this for you , if you wish.

BEVS May 4th 2009 1:56 am

Originally Posted by DGH (Post 7491863)

Sounds good to me. ;)

Ahmadj May 4th 2009 3:23 am

Originally Posted by BEVS here (Post 7538604)
Did you mean to put this here as it would seem from your posts that you are on your way to Australia. I can move this for you , if you wish.

Yes, I meant this post here, thank you :)
I am applying for both NewZealand and Australia.

BEVS May 4th 2009 4:46 am

Hey I need your help explaining the process to me. Last week, I submitted preliminary assessment result application to NZQA.

That would be for the NZQA preliminary PAR report on your overseas qualifications

I just want to know what does its result say? Does it give you a level? 6, 7 or so?

Yes. It will come back with the equivalent NZQA level for your overseas qualifications.

I mean, does PAR tell that you are on Absoloute skill Shortage list?

No. If you want to see which occupations are on the absolute shortage list , you need to look here.

One list is the long term shortage list for the skilled migrant category. If the occupation is on this list then bonus points may be claimed when doing an EOI. However to claim the bonus points , then the overseas qualifications have to match the NZQA standard set for the occupation.

The other immediate shortage list is an aid for temporary work visas.

No. Much depends on where you gained your overseas qualifications and the occupation you expect to come into NZ with.

Ahmad

As far as I know, no documents are required for a PAR .

Originally Posted by NZQA re. on-line PAR assessment
The only document required by NZQA from you is the completed on-line application form. Please DO NOT SEND any other documents with this on-line application, as they are not needed. If you do send any other documents, they will be returned only if you supply or pay for a prepaid courier bag, or if they are personally collected. For personal collection, identification is required.

Ahmadj May 4th 2009 4:54 am

Originally Posted by BEVS here (Post 7538885)

No. If you want to see which occupations are on the absolute shortage list , you need to look here.

Thanks for your answers :)

I am familiar with the lists. I believe my occupation is professional engineer nec. 233999. And the question is, do I have to meet the condition set in the fourth coloumn (in the pdf version of list) in order to claim bonus points? Who will check if I meet the condition? is it NZQA? or NZIS?

sam_79 May 5th 2009 11:46 am

Ahmad

Hi there,
I have not applied for any PAR? I only applied for full NZQA report since i was asked to provide this upon receiving my ITA.
my occupation is in the LTSSL list and i had claimed for bonus points having qualification & work experience being in the Absoulte Skills Shortage when I was doing the EOI.
As stated by (BEVS here) comments; you would claim for bonus points when doing the EOI since you have your occupation in the LTSSL. The EOI officer will determine if you need to provide the full NZQA or not when the ITA issued, and this will all be depending on your qualifications and related work experience mentioned in the EOI if Bonus points are claimed.
The full NZQA report will show the comparability of your overseas qualification to the NZIS standards of qualification . I am still waiting for the result of my NZQA report as I was notified that report is now dispatched and I am not really sure what exactly is the result contents it shows.
good luck for your EOI application.

Sam

BEVS May 5th 2009 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Ahmadj (Post 7538895)
Thanks for your answers :)

I am familiar with the lists. I believe my occupation is professional engineer nec. 233999. And the question is, do I have to meet the condition set in the fourth coloumn (in the pdf version of list) in order to claim bonus points? Who will check if I meet the condition? is it NZQA? or NZIS?

I'm not an engineer, but I would imagine you do have to meet the criteria. Many of us do . We also have to become properly NZ registered with the relevant authority to our occupations. Just as you will have to.

You ask if you need the Washington Accord

Perhaps contact IPENZ Engineers NZ aand ask them to verify your overseal quals. At least that way you know where you stand.

NZQA should check the standard required with the above board. If it slips through this, the I would hope that NZIS will also double check the engineering standard required.

Engineering
Professionals
(233111 to 233999)
Telecommunications
Engineering
Professionals
(263311, 263312)

A degree level (Level 7)
qualification and registered
on the International
Professional Engineers
Register or Asia Pacific
Economic Co-operation
(APEC) Engineers Register
OR a Washington Accord
accredited engineering
Degree

A Washington Accord
accredited engineering
degree

Ahmadj May 7th 2009 1:10 am

Originally Posted by sam_79 (Post 7542587)
Hi there,
I have not applied for any PAR? I only applied for full NZQA report since i was asked to provide this upon receiving my ITA.
my occupation is in the LTSSL list and i had claimed for bonus points having qualification & work experience being in the Absoulte Skills Shortage when I was doing the EOI.
As stated by (BEVS here) comments; you would claim for bonus points when doing the EOI since you have your occupation in the LTSSL. The EOI officer will determine if you need to provide the full NZQA or not when the ITA issued, and this will all be depending on your qualifications and related work experience mentioned in the EOI if Bonus points are claimed.
The full NZQA report will show the comparability of your overseas qualification to the NZIS standards of qualification . I am still waiting for the result of my NZQA report as I was notified that report is now dispatched and I am not really sure what exactly is the result contents it shows.
good luck for your EOI application.

Sam

Thanks for your answer, and good luck with the NZQA report :)

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 7542606)
I'm not an engineer, but I would imagine you do have to meet the criteria. Many of us do . We also have to become properly NZ registered with the relevant authority to our occupations. Just as you will have to.

You ask if you need the Washington Accord

Perhaps contact IPENZ Engineers NZ aand ask them to verify your overseal quals. At least that way you know where you stand.

NZQA should check the standard required with the above board. If it slips through this, the I would hope that NZIS will also double check the engineering standard required.

Thanks for your help :)

I know my question is complicated, NZIS operator could not answer it over the phone, not even NZQA operator, lol.

I will send an online inquiry to NZIS.

Ahmad

BEVS May 7th 2009 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Ahmadj (Post 7547868)
Thanks for your answer, and good luck with the NZQA report :)

Thanks for your help :)

I know my question is complicated, NZIS operator could not answer it over the phone, not even NZQA operator, lol.

I will send an online inquiry to NZIS.

Ahmad

NZIS specify the Washington Accord as the standard required. Therefore one would imagine that you need this.

All I can once again suggest is that you have a discussion with the IPENZ Engineers NZ.

At some point NZIS will require you to show you have the standard required. They will want an assortment of verified paperwork and/or an NZQA report.