Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

about to submit Residency From Work application...but...

about to submit Residency From Work application...but...

Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of
Default about to submit Residency From Work application...but...

waiting on one final piece of evidence to come from IRD, hubby's evidence of earninngs. Requested it twice, and yet still waiting. I don't know whether I should keep waiting til this is received, or just submit the app without it and then have immy come back to me for it? What do you reckon? Cheers anyone.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 12:02 pm
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: about to submit Residency From Work application...but...

Hi,

Don't be foolish to submit ANY application without the full documents. Why? THe immigration will then waste a LOT of time in trying to finalize your application. Will go somewhere down in the queue and you will suffer.

Do NOT give them ANY CHANCE of saying you application is incomplete or anything like that. If time is important to you, then wait for the docs to come and bother the institutions that have not sent you all material.

This is just my opinion but they also state the things that delay your application. This is one of them. Remember that your normal processing times aren't small. They are significant.

Originally Posted by keeny View Post
waiting on one final piece of evidence to come from IRD, hubby's evidence of earninngs. Requested it twice, and yet still waiting. I don't know whether I should keep waiting til this is received, or just submit the app without it and then have immy come back to me for it? What do you reckon? Cheers anyone.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

Hi Keeny,

How long have you been waiting? It says on the website to allow 10 days. We were going to request a summary of earnings in a couple of weeks but if it's taking more than 10 days I'm re-thinking that we should request it asap!!
Old Jul 29th 2011, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of

Cheers Robbyarg, I'll wait.

Faye - I would request it asap. Hopefully IRD will get it to you sooner than us, it's because they had to clarify something to do with our address first, but then once we had done that, they still didn't re-issue it again until I phoned them again last week. But yeh get it soon, then it's done. Good luck hun - keep me posted bout your app? we'll be submitting it at about the same time then.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Faye_h - it came through yesterday, I think we are ready to submit eeeeeek!
Old Jul 30th 2011, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

Good Luck! We are just waiting on our police certificates to come through and will sorting out the statement of earnings now and then we can submit ours!

Do you know how long Residence from Work takes once submitted?
Old Jul 30th 2011, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by faye_h View Post
Good Luck! We are just waiting on our police certificates to come through and will sorting out the statement of earnings now and then we can submit ours!

Do you know how long Residence from Work takes once submitted?
Thanks! No, no idea how long. All I can say is I was told by someone I know in the immy office in town that it would be dealt with quicker than the average residency app (as we are already here, and with an accredited employer), but she couldn't say how much quicker.

I think I have everything, but what's betting they come back to us for something else!

Good luck with yours too
Old Aug 1st 2011, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

application submitted today!
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:50 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

application submitted today!
Brilliant! you hear something soon! Keep us posted!
Old Aug 11th 2011, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kija View Post
Brilliant! you hear something soon! Keep us posted!
Received documents back from Immigration today, application not yet assigned to anyone, but given time frame of approx 3 months for Residency From Work.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 3:34 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Received documents back from Immigration today, application not yet assigned to anyone, but given time frame of approx 3 months for Residency From Work.
Hopefully it'll get assigned soon!
Old Aug 12th 2011, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Great to hear. We got our police certificates back this week. Just need to get the statement of earnings and we can send ours off! Hoping to submit within the next 2 weeks
Old Aug 29th 2011, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Submitted our application today!!

Keeny - let me know when you hear anything about your application and hopefully we won't be too far behind!
Old Aug 31st 2011, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by faye_h View Post
Submitted our application today!!

Keeny - let me know when you hear anything about your application and hopefully we won't be too far behind!
Brilliant Well ours will have been in with them for a month tomorrow, not heard a peep from them but can't say I expect to for a while yet, somewhere on the website it did quote something like 60ish% done within 0-3 months. We'll keep our fingers crossed for each other eh